GP letdown

Wow, the GP's 2003 rates for a Topaz suite go up to 1584 baht daily (1800 - 360 + 144) and 9240 baht weekly (10500 - 2100 + 840). These rates are higher than both the ones quoted to FB33 and Bhat_Man.

2 months ago, I paid 7600 weekly for the Topaz. I think I'll take a close look at the Omni or Regency Park, and forget the GP.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"May be, they dropped the charges because of many bad responses or they seem to have an overall inconsistent price policy."

I emailed the GP back quoting the weekly rate I paid 2 months ago (7600 baht weekly) and saying their new rates (9240 weekly) were higher than I wanted to pay for a standard room. In their reply, they simply restated the higher rates and did not offer a lower rate.

The other interesting thing is that the 20% TSM is calculated on 1800 not 1650. I was quoted 1650 on a walk in basis. I asked for the TSM discount and they did not reduce the price from the 1650, but from the 1800. Then of course added the 10%. All and all they really don't seem to care. TIT they will never accept or understand bussines logic here . Which keeps this country in the an also ran state of economics. But of course that is one of the things us rich farlangs like about it. So sometimes we just have to pay the piper.

I posted my experience some time ago that GP seemed to be inflating the price so they could then reduce it with the TSM discount if you asked for it.

Also I've stayed in quite a few rooms here and some of them are looking worn.

With the price increase increase I don't think GP is such a good choice anymore.

Shotover -

I also paid 7,600. baht for a week for a topaz suite when I stayed there last April. According to their prices which you posted, the same room now costs 9,240 baht for a week. According to my math, thats a 21.5% increase. How sad.

Do you think this is a seasonal thing, and do you think they will lower prices again when demand diminishes in the spring?

If not, I'm with the others in saying that I will be looking elsewhere for future trips. For instance, a tower room at the Ambassador next door can be had for a similar cost per night, and that includes breakfast.

-- pug

Archived