GP letdown

I am going to BKK in May and I also got quoted the new expensive prices at GP. So what other places do you recommend instead of GP. Is it Omni, Centrepoint, Royal President or maybe Ambassador Royal Suite to choose between? Anyone stayed at any of these lately?

I stayed at Omni about 1.5 years ago and it was OK but not great. I also tried Centrepoint at Petchburi and that was really nice but in the wrong place, does Centrepoint at Suk keep the same standard?

Please, any advice appreciated.

Tor

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Stayed at Omni last week. Much confusion over the room rate.

I emailed asking for the rates and was quoted 1,600 per night. When I checked in the rate was 1,900 and they would not give me the 1,600. I emailed the writer of the email who had offered me the 1,600 rate and asked for an explanation. I was told this was only available to email bookings. Sadly that hadn't been mentioned in the original email.

I asked if they would give me the 1,600 if I stayed for an extra two days and received a most rude reply!

Took a studio room which was okay. Everything in good condition, AC okay.

ID card policy inconsistent, no request for ID cards first couple of days and then 3rd night man in shirt and tie positively pounced and demanded ID card from lady. Fourth night no request for ID card.

Rate includes breakfast which is okay and served 7am t0 10pm so you can eat it at a time which suits you which I like.

Anyone else besides me notice those incredibly annoying birds that yak all day long right behind GP??? Sunrise to Sunset. Drove me nuts. And when I was checking out a guy was screaming at the front desk about it.. seems he specifically requested a room away from the birds but he still got one and man was he pissed off!!

Re the birds. I had read about them before I stayed there in November. The only time I heard them was when I was up in the fitness centre in Tower 2. I was staying in a Topaz in Tower 3 so it was not a problem for me. I can understand if you are subject to that noise constantly you would consider getting a shotgun and blasting away.

Re prices. Like others I got rates of 1320 daily and 7600 weekly after TSM discount last November . I then booked in December for week at end of January, and another week a fortnight later after being in Pattaya. I was quoted the same rates. While there I got a letter re the 10% service charge but they did not charge me because I had already booked. I intend going to Bkk in June/July so all these posting re new prices are not good news. I think I will consider the Manhattan on Soi 15 because I have heard good reports about it and it has a fitness centre.

Hi,

I had problems with bird noise in Tower1. GP are well aware of the problem but do nothing about it. The birds lands on a low roof and I feel sure stretching some netting would cure the problem.

Was in BKK last week and went to look at Manhattan room, was quoted rate of 2,000 baht and I thought the room looked a little 'tired' and certainly not worth 2,000 baht per night.

Cheers,

SD.

I prefer the RP to the GP. The GP looks a bit run down and prices of 1400+ for the topaz at 26sqm isn't a deal when looking at the Royal Prs. suites of 54sqm(cattleya) to 64sqm(emerald) for 2000 to 2500 bht each. The RP suites are bigger and better for 600 to 1100 baht more. I have never payed more then 2500 for either suite and as little as 2000 for the emerald suite. I've stayed at both hotels/SA several times over the last 3 years. MHO

Archived