Need details on absolute worst hotel in Bkk

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sukhumvit Crown has a lot of variety in it's rooms. It's a bit hit and miss as to the quality and facilities.

On my most recent stay I imagined that the previous occupant of had smashed the place to pieces necessatating a total refit as my room was really quite good. For 650 baht it ain't bad value.

However, again I was reduced to stealing an AC controller from a vacant room left open by the cleaning lady as there aren't enough to go around. When I first politely asked at reception for a controller I was asked by dear older lady why I wanted one. I replied that during the day it was too hot and at night too cold. The dear older lady at reception called me a liar! What to do?!

Another day I returned to my room to find my mobile phone had been stolen. I was actually quite upset this had happened and complained to the manager who told me it was not possible that this had happened. That I was mistaken. Of this he was absolutely positive! He also told me straight faced that I should keep my phone in the safety boxes at reception.

Finally I had agreed in advance to pay a large room bill with credit card without being charged the extra 3%. Of course when I checked out this never came to pass. However now I notice that they give a 5% discount for internet bookings so mentioning this will offset the credit charge.

The lower floors have a ceiling mirror above the bed tastefully bordered with gaudy neonesque lighting plus large mirror to the side of the bed angled downwards. Your friend will be in no doubt as to the hotel if he gets one of these rooms if the lobby patrons haven't already given the game away. The funny thing is that with all the expense of fitting these huge mirrors it's not actually possible to view oneself for grooming purposes without lying down.

The funny thing is that with all the expense of fitting these huge mirrors it's not actually possible to view oneself for grooming purposes without lying down.

LOL :neener: :neener:

A true classic.

I vote for Sukhumvit Crown. :doah: :doah: :doah:

a)great mirrors

b)XXXL size cockroaches

c)obscure coffee shop in the cellar,you'll need flashlight

d)broke farangs asking you to buy a beer or loan money to them , they will pay back next week

This is perfect place for your enemies.

"...However, again I was reduced to stealing an AC controller from a vacant room left open by the cleaning lady as there aren't enough to go around. When I first politely asked at reception for a controller I was asked by dear older lady why I wanted one. I replied that during the day it was too hot and at night too cold. The dear older lady at reception called me a liar!"

Gratis, ROTFLMAO :grinyes: :: :grinyes:

Are you sure that wasn't in Britain? Sounds like Best of British Hotel service to me. ::

I stayed one night in a 4 star hotel in Newcastle UK last year. The TV was knackered, completely dead. I rang reception and, about an hour later, a hotel bloke came to my room to "fix" it. He stood in front of the telly pressing buttons on the hand-controller, thumped the set a few times with his fist then wiggled the mains cord about. No joy. He turned to me, shrugged, and said "It's fucked mate", turned on his heels and left the room. I never heard anything from reception again. :(

j :drunk:

• 6 months later...

Did you think of putting them at the Amari at the airport.

I think I would put them in the most far away expensive place

make them travel in a taxi to any place they want to go.

To easy for them to change at a place that was terrible.

Let them suffer with the traffic and the likes at a high price and they will never think nothing of it.

You was not thinking of taking over my place was you. I just feed the roaches last week. ::

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

A person at work who I dislike has aked my advice on hotel accommodation in Bangkok, he will be staying with his girlfriend.

Can someone point me in the direction of a really appalling hotel that I can book him in to please.

I am looking for..

1/ Awful dirty rooms

2/ Insect infestation

3/ Rude thieving staff

4/ Abundance of free lancers

5/ Overall grotesque ambience.

I am seriously thinking of checking him in to the Nana hotel, but I think I may inadvertantly being doing him a favour if I do that.

STH
:devil:
:devil:

Archived