Banned from entry in NEP

khunsanuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!

My first visit to this board after long gun informed me of this thread yesterday. To those who dont know me. Hi I'm afraid it was my bleating to KS that started all this. To those who do know me hey there mates thanks for the good company in the past and look forward to more of it in the future.

To Long gun, Who are you calling a cunt? Cunt!

Being pretty bloody amazed by the views that have come over on this

(and sorry havent read them all yet ) Thought I'd better add a few of my own.

Ok 5 years ago it wasnt like this I even used to get into one or two that didnt allow blacks or arabs in even back then. I used to be given the chance to show I was ok, sanuck, buy drinks, and treat people well.

This problem was around back then but at least you had a chance.

It has slowly gotten worse over the past couple of years and the sept 11

thing has certainly accelerated it a little.

I have seen the way that arabs and indian groups have spoken to and treated the Thais and fully understand why the animosity.

But all I would ask for from bars is that chance to show I'm ok.

I would actually have no problem with a great big sign outside of a bar

saying no black, arabs. people with acne at least then you would know where you stood and wouldnt waste time going in. The real painfull one though is when you have been in with your friends one night and been treated really well and then have this shit thrown at you when you go back on your own. If they want to call a spade a spade fine just have the guts to shout it loud enough for everyone to hear.

Anyway just so you all know its not all doom and gloom if you happen to look the wrong race there are still a lot ofbars around that will take your money and give you a good time no matter where you are from so long live good times in LOS. (just have to look a little harder for them these days:))

Some one mentioned problems at long gun / rawhide ?

Very supriseded to hear this as these are places I have never had a problem from day one up to and including this trip.

ending on a light note and to answere long guns question about facial hair I soliceted the views of thai's who know me about should I remove the moustach? Their answere? "But if you shave it off how will we know its you?" :D

C

some blanket generalisations have a small ammount of truth to them..

is it possible that bar owners are second guessing what they perceive the

majority of their customers want or feel..

ask a prostitute in any large multi ethnic city who they'd prefer not service..

racist sure..but life is full of prejudice of all degrees...

Some of you may recall that I experienced some prejudice on my first trip. Basically, I was mistaken for an African, but after hearing my accent and some can tell from my mode of dress that I was American Black.

I've heard a few stories of Africans in BKK doing dodgy things. People generalize after a while. Since Africans are almost never in the company of Whites and if I am in a group that includes Whites I'm immediately taken as a falang and experience no problems in some places where it otherwise may be.

I usually found that money...spent effeciently eliminates a whole of prejudice. ::

You will always have prejudice, most groups have prejudices within their group.

This seems to be a BKK problem because its never a problem in Pattaya. The one thing I enjoy about there is that if I'm prejudiced against its financially (being charged more) because they think I'm a rich American falang, its nationality based not colour....for a 'brother' from the states, that's not prejudice to be regarded as rich. We've been waiting for that kind of prejudice a long time! :: :: ::

Oh Nukeboy,

Thank you for this phrase: "Retreating into a smug, PC mumblefest..."

I love most things about the USA, where I am ensconsed for a few more weeks. But I hate the PC shit. I was one of the few white men on staff in an institution whose core employees were black and racist. In my book they have a perfect right to be so and I have a perfect right to have zero respect for them / look down on them. They were shit in my book. But at least they weren't PC mumblefesters.

Thailand, where they say and do what the hell they like, is like a fresh breeze.

PC people live in a dreamworld. Thankfully the Thais are reality based.

My little Caribbean chocalate chip is sleeping next to me as I type. But she's reality based too. Hates whoever she wants.

Zane

Archived