Banned from entry in NEP

khunsanuk

I am an Indian orgin, but not Indian.

This is what really piss me off in Bangkok. Some of bars let me in and some not. what surprise me is a bar let me in without any problem but next day they stop at the entrance in same bar.

Once inside, I know I bahave better than many others.

While in Bangkok always decide not to come back again because of this kind of crap, but change my mind when time comes. believe me, never go back there, if places like Eden was not there.

This is their bar their rule, ok. but what is the rule here? if I know, I can act acordingly. please someone can tell me?

is there any particular bar or bars where I can access in always without any hassle? (Pattaya make worse)

Thanks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall seeing this sign in Pattaya back in the early '90's and was accompanied by a drawing of a pig in a traditional Arab head-dress. The sentiment has definitely been around for a long time and is very "in-your-face" ; all the more striking because there were so many Arabs in Pattaya at the time.

Says Peter1964:

I heard/ know of this from many beer bars in Pattaya. There, arab looking people are welcomed to have a drink, but taking out a girl is not/ will not be encouraged.

It is sad, that things seem to worsen in NP. I was in Long Gun, SC, last night and beside me were two arab looking people sitting. They were served and treated from the girls as good as any other customer. So, this policy seems not to apply there.

NOT TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was with a thai and tried to enter LONG GUN but a butch stood in front of him blocking the enterence. They only relented when they saw me. But I pulled my thai friend away as I really hate fucking racist places like these. Will never ever spend a satang there.

::

KS -

You know me, you place my company's banners all over your site (which I greatly appreciate), and I respect you fully. But I want to add my perspective.

I run a company whose core business is helping non-Thais launch businesses in Thailand, obtain work permits, and secure long-term entry permits.

I have learned a few things since launching my firm. One thing I have learned is that of the European and North American potential clients that first contact my firm, about 70% end up establishing a commercial relationship with my company.

Of the 18-20 Arab, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, and Malaysian contacts who have initiated discussions with my firm, the percentage of companies that have engaged my firm is absolutely zero. None.

What is really sad is that the Thai embassies in several of the "no-go" countries have begun making it a point to direct host nationals to my firm (while no Thai legations in western countries have followed suit).

After wasting countless hours of effort outling procedures to non-Westerners, and consistently having them pick my brains, and then tell me after the interrogation that I am "too expensive", I have made a brutal policy shift.

Non-westerners get minimal hand-holding up-front, and during my first meeting with them, I impose a substantial pre-payment for ANY follow-up work. Thus far, virtually 100% have declined my onerous terms. Fine by me. It beats expending unrewarded effort.

The pattern I describe is not directly linked to the subject of this thread, but it provides one additional data point in establishing a rationale for varying treatment.

In business, I'm at the point where I tell South Asians that I have no time for them, based on the disgraceful performance of their predecessors - even though this will offend certain ethnic groups.

In know that I am probably being unfair to a few "good apples", and I regret that, but in a world of limited time and resources, sometimes you have to perform triage - and ethnicity is unfortunately one of the "filters" that seems to produce the desired results.

I do not apply such filters to socializing, but I do to business.

I suspect that many a bargirl applies many of the same approaches. They are, after all, running a business - not socializing.

Good luck, everybody.

StoneSoup

I do agree with you that many bars do not allow of Indian origin, even I'm of Indian origin like u (2nd generation american). the main reason is here the spending power which thai people think, that is bottom line and it is fact. I know many bars girls, mangers, mamsans in SC & NEP, who tell me that they just walk in have one drink and sit. The bars are in the business to push LD & BF's. I learnt over the years, where I make around 10 business trips a year to LOS. The key is, the bar needs paying customers, which according to door / hello girls only the falangs ( whites) have money. It is the hello / door girls policy more then the bar owners. Even i had problems in the initials years but today I'm welcomed in all the bars in NEP & SC as they know that I'm big time spender. You need deep pockets if you want to play in the bars if you are not a white. Try the Soi33 bars which are open to non-white where at least ur not stopped but once you go inside it is upto you how you play but here also u need to be a bit lose on you purse if want to be welcomed and win the staff over. Once you make ur mark in any bar you will be most luved guy around if you ready to throw a couple of LD & BF (remember to treat you BF girl well, she will have a good word for you back in bar) to make you next visit hassel free, you can have more fun.

vinod

Hi

I agree with you 100 % even though I'm Indian origin, 2nd generation american myself. I'm ver happy dealing with non-indians & arabs. I'm try to figure out why they are like since of late we have a large development center in India where I need to go somtimes and I'm totaly baffled at the ways thing go there or the behaviour which sometimes really put's me off and now I try to avoid traveling to my India office. They just have no clue how to beahve and I always think what they paln to do by hording the money with out enjoying life. They do not have professional approach to life and think only about there money, with out thinkng that even the other people time is money.

vinod

"...In 1985 4 Thai nationals, women were executed in Saudi Arabia. They were accused of murdering their Saudi employers.

There was very very strong feeling in Thailand at the time, that is where a good degree of the anti arab feeling comes from.

STH

Born to Boom Boom ..."

My ex was a Filipina nurse in Saudi Arabia, from what she tells me this is a common occurrence, as the Saudi Men tend to think then can tap their domestic help. In some cases, the Family or the Phillipine government can pay "Blood Money" the the "victims's" family and their life will be spared...Of course the Saudis that have diplomatic immunity and go raping and killing abroad is another issue...

Sarisin,

You are making an assumption the managers and bosses are culturally sensitive and have progressive, open, management styles.

Since employees usually follow exclsively what bosses tell them in LOS, I think the blame needs to start at the top and not the rank and file. This is so true for countries like thailand where hierarchy. power and control are everything.........

let's not rag on the messeneger but look at the root cause.....

Archived