Soi 10 Beer Bars are no more

farangman

Seems like one big waste to me, think of all the fixtures that could be taken and sold, stools, pool tables, liquor etc...not to mention the shops there. Wonder if the guy got as much as he could and decided to wreck and rebuild? Damned shame, as has been said in a few recent threads, I can really see things changing in the future, and maybe not to our satisfaction.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be that the general is up for promotion and didn't want to be seen as the owner of a bar area. Anyway, 100's, maybe even thousands, of farang lives saved, as the last time any of those gals had a medical check-up was in the way distant past. The gals will have to go back from whence they came - mostly local brothels and massage parlours.

It was always amusing to hear the last interior minister rant away and at the same time see all the beer bars open up in places like Soi 10 and 22.

Hopefully, all those horrid, infectious, hookers will be cleared off the lower end of Sukhumvit next, not to mention the mad packs of katoeys.

Says gregchambers:

Hopefully, all those horrid, infectious, hookers will be cleared off the lower end of Sukhumvit next, not to mention the mad packs of katoeys.

AMEN!!!

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

Seems like one big waste to me, think of all the fixtures that could be taken and sold, stools, pool tables, liquor etc...not to mention the shops there. Wonder if the guy got as much as he could and decided to wreck and rebuild?

Doubt this was over money. At least the little money we are dealing for these items.

This is about power, control. With the efficiency of the operation, the "General" theme seems very plausable. Especially if connected to the shopping center.

" General destroys den of drug dealers." In prompt response to the PM's call for senior officials to 'crack down' on drugs and illegal activities in Thailand, General Gotyurballs, made a daring night time raid to destroy more than 20 illegal bars, know as hangouts for major drug dealers and illegal gambling operations.

" We WILL rid this country of this disgrace" the General was quoted as saying as he recently returned from his inactive duty post.

Well it's never boring. :neener:

I'm just thinking of expensive items like pool tables, and the items in the gift shops that may have gone down as well. One or two of those shops had some really nice art work in them, that was fairly valuable. I jsut am shocked at the waste involved, but as you say it may not have been about money...and noone says it has to make sense!

:banghead:

One wonders if this came down from *very* high up...The main suk road is often closed for "some one", and maybe "some one" was offended by the sight (or some one working for "some one")?

The use of the army would tend to support this...

-j-

..interestingly also been keeping an eye on the Thai news shows...nary a peep....

-j-

Says phiketpete:

a number of girls, "protesters" and onlooking bystanders now mingle around the block.

Yep, incredible scenery. They have done full work. Some protesters (approx. 100) with banners:

- "Barbarism! You are dogs!"

Everytime police passes by, they are screaming. TV is there too.

I don't have too much to add except that I was in total shock today when I started my usual walk to the Landmark Hotel to visit the fitness club. I hadn't read this board in three days.

I thought someone dropped one of those bunker buster bombs on that block.

I live just down the next soi and passed this area twice daily since it had appeared out of nowhere - and, of course, that's where it is now.

I never had a drink in any of the bars, but often chatted with the girls in the bars in the front.

Honestly, I thought the whole deal was a little too obvious and some of the girls a little too aggressive with passers-by. Perhaps one of them goosed the wrong guy.

CEP, Sukhumvit Square...will it be Asoke Plaza next? :(

Archived