What % of BGs have HIV/AIDS?

lucky_me

In the last 2 years, I?ve been to LOS three times, spending a total of ten weeks spent there. I?ve had a lot of fun, sleeping with my share of the lovely ladies. Some were bargirls, some were not. Most were sweethearts. But after just the first trip, knowing full well that I?ll be going back many more times, I became concerned about the chances of getting AIDS. How many bargirls are infected? What are the chances of getting it from them? Surely I must educate myself since I am planning on sleeping with many more of them.

I?ve read 14 books on Thailand nightlife and 5 recent books on HIV and AIDS. This is what I?ve found: Estimates as to how many FSW (female sex workers) in Thailand are infected with HIV or AIDS range from as low as 3% to up to 75% in northern areas. But the estimate that I trust the most is from the WHO (World Heath Organization). They say that as of 1997, ?20% of sex workers in rural areas were HIV positive compared with only 7% in Bangkok?. So, I believe 7% is a pretty accurate estimate. A pretty scary one too. Lets see, that means that, on average, for every 14 beautiful Thai girls that we sleep with, an average of one of them has HIV. Do we all realize this??

I?m sure that some of us on this board, who either live in LOS, or who go there often, could have easily slept with 100 bargirls. Then chances are that SEVERAL of them have HIV, and possibly also AIDS.

I am guessing that the younger they are, the less likely they have it, and the older they are, the more likely, since they've obviously been around the block more, and also since HIV was even more common several years ago, when they might have been in the same line of work that they are now.

How can we try to avoid the 7%? Of course there is no way to do that, but for the sake of argument, I will try break down FSW into three groups: Bargirls, go go girls, and freelancers. Let?s say that the WHO is correct and 7% of FSW are HIV positive. Then I?m going to make a somewhat educated guess and say that go go girls are slightly less likely than bargirls to have HIV, since rumor has it that many go go bars force their girls to take regular HIV tests and are supposedly fire the girls who are HIV positive. If this is true , then some of the HIV infected girls are filtered out of the go go bars and work in the beer bars or as freelancers.

So maybe ?going with? go go girls is slightly less risky.

I?m very interested in hearing anybody?s thoughts on this subject. Do these figures alarm you? Scare you? Do you believe them? Do you believe that every time you look down the street at the gorgeous young girls walking around Nana Plaza, or down Bangla Road, or down Walking Street, you are seeing many girls who have HIV?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's safe to say that there are really no concrete figures and that no one knows exactly what the rate of infection is. Be that as it may, all it really takes for anyone to get infected with an STD is one unlucky, unprotected sexual contact.

What is known is the plain fact that there is increased sexual activity in "red light" districts and if you intend to have sex with people who do it as often as possible because they make a living at it, then you should protect yourself by always using condoms for intercourse and oral sex, and also strictly avoid "dining at the Y".

I just think that's common sense.

Slightly off topic here, but I also recently saw your post on another thread about your new strawberry flavour condoms. Whilst I use condoms for intercourse (Bodyguards of course!) I just can't see the point of having a bj if your going to put a condom on. Just ruins the whole experince for me, I'd rather either have a bbbj or not bother and just go straight to the shag. I don't think I know a single bloke who does use condoms when getting a bj. As for "dining at the Y", whilst aware of the risks of certain STDs from this there are times when a guy (i.e. Me!) just can't resist the buffet on offer.

Cheers Simie.

Re: BBBJ -- Yes, I know what you mean. On the other hand, have you ever tried it? Given the very real, albeit slight, risk of contracting an STD, it might be worth a try. I'm not referring to AIDS, but to all the other very common infections. Just not worth the worry. BTW, this isn't about selling condoms, as I said earlier, it's just common sense. Ultimately, up to you.

Re: Dining at the Y -- I know it might be hard to resist, but there again, seems sensible to avoid.

yeah I've tried the covered BJ severel times & yeah it's actually not too bad. never came that way though & doubt I'll ever be able too...

nothing really beats an extensive BBBJ finished by CIM :D

knowing the risks, which I'm willing to take occasionally I'll keep the strawberry wrap in mind :p

Condomking, what you say does make sense and I was'nt suggesting you where just trying to promote your product. The only problem is I'm not always very sensible or as sensible as I should be. Usually when my brain stops doing the thinking and the cock takes over!

Cheers Simie.

Well AIDS is now the number one killer of Thais above road accidents and cancer. About 1 in 60 is HIV positive nation wide. I presume most of the deaths are from the masses that got the disease in the 80s and are now just dying off.

From non- scientific analysis I would expect it to be 1:10 for the average working girls. You can say that brothel girls may be higher and casual freelancers lower. But regardless they are all able to give it to you. Just keep it wrapped and dont enjoy a buffet too much.

play safe

WYD

Says CondomKing:

Re: BBBJ -- Yes, I know what you mean. On the other hand, have you ever tried it?

Yep, tried it before. Never again a bj with condome! I am a big fan of bjs and very sensible this way, but with a condome I was not able to finish. :sleeping:

One in 60 for the general populace, and 1 in every 10 for BG's, I very very much doubt it. What people have to understand is that a lot of the agencies which "report" these figures exist solely through funding.

So if they overstate the problem they receive more money, simple.

Hetrosexual HIV is one of the biggest lies of the last century IMHO ,HIV is a disease which effects Gay men, IV drug Users and Hemophiliacs. ( the liberal PC world of today have a problem with an affliction that doesnt follow equal opportunity directives )

Where is this so called AIDS explosion, I have mentioned it before, but I dont know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who has HIV.

AIDS/ HIV is a darling of the media industry ( top heavy ) with gay men I may add.

If you are a healthy hetrosexual man, they are more real dangers out there than shagging a few bar girls.

STH :hug:

Archived