Chatrooms and Freelancers

Adams167

I posted this in another thread but I guess it was a little unrelated so I did not get much of a response!

Does anyone on the Board know which Chatrooms are best for meeting Freelancers, Students etc.?

I have been on bangkok.com and it is quite interesting but are there any others you guys know about?

On yahoo chat ,there is a room simply listed "Thailand".

I have chatted with quite a few girls here and usually their English is good.

I actually met one in Chiang Mai...the photo she sent to me via email was really nice.....unfortunately 10 years old!!!!!

Still it was the 1st time I had session with a girl older than me.

Sanook.com has an international room. Myself have had no luck in these places, Bkk chat gets a little addictive but there are many nuts there and much immature nonsense which gets tedious after a while, but I keep going back.

I think the handle is important, I used to be mostly ignored then I tried 'walking ATM' as a name, had a lot more who wanted to chat,I wonder why?-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Paul:

I posted this in another thread but I guess it was a little unrelated so I did not get much of a response!

Does anyone on the Board know which Chatrooms are best for meeting Freelancers, Students etc.?

I have been on bangkok.com and it is quite interesting but are there any others you guys know about?

I find that Bangkok.com does get a little tedious as it's unmoderated. Try downloading IRC (www.mirc.com) and you'll find intelligent and funny girls for chat in a quick environment. Go to the larger servers (dalnet, undernet, efnet) or go to Webnet if you're proficient in reading/writing in Thai...as this is the home of Thais offering themselves/looking to buy services! How do I know this? Don't ask!

Paul, check out the obvious #thailand and #siam first, then do a "U Central" query on a few prospective nicks....it will then list all the other channels they are in at that time. Most will be in Thai, so you can copy and past those channel names into a new "join channel" window...and there you are. No-one speaks in English or karaoke Thai in them though, but it's not hard to tell there's some picking up going on in there :-)

Hi Frogpatrol, what do you mean you went into channels #thailand and #siam "under" ICQ? Those channels are on a different chat engine called IRC (www.mirc.com) which is a quick-chat program and always busy. If you access the popular servers, namely dalnet, webnet, undernet you'll surely find Thais there willing to have a convo with polite farang, but many are fairly educated and/or students. Only a few designated channels are popular for freelance pick-ups, although some others may be scattered around. Actually, there are quite a few Westernised Thais on these channels too.

With ICQ, you can search for Thai people who match your criteria (i.e maybe living in your country, certain age, interests, languages etc.) as they do with us. It's just "random chat", and I've never used their actual chat rooms as you described. If you actually speak some Thai you can put Thai as one of your spoken languages in your own ICQ profile and then watch how many add you and try to start up a conversation with you. It seems many are interested in someone their age abroad who can speak both English and Thai, and they're not shy to search and chat to you, the guys also though. Again though, I don't see many bargirls using these methods, but some of the girls can be "curious" and slightly more open/liberal than you may first think..as well as having a liking for farang :-) Have fun.

Thanks a bundle, LOndon. I was clearly in the wrong place.

FYI, here is what I did: 1) Logged onto ICQ, 2) went to ICQ Chat, 3)went to IrCQ Net Chat, which I mistakenly thought was a back door into mirc. I guess I was way off there. Anyhow, once in IrCQ Net Chat, I went to IrCQ Chat rooms, at which point 5) I went to #Thailand and #Siam, which were listed as chat rooms. So, I went down the long road to nowhere, I suppose.

I assume that I can download mirc off the Web, so I will give it a shot.

Thanks again.

froggo

London (and others),

I went to #Siam and #Thailand on IRC under ICQ and they were both empty. My guess is that I am in the wrong place.

I hear much about ICQ and Thais - where are they all? Is there a Thai ICQ which is different than the English ICQ chat rooms?

Pretty confusing...

froggo

Archived