Monet Bar, Soi 33, Ripoff.... again

Introduced a friend to Monet last week and warned him to double check his bill after a session.

As he is a non-drinker, he doesn't drink much other than Colas....

He called me this morning to say he had been surcharged 130B as he only bought a cola and a lady drink as he had ltd. time in there last night .(8-9)

Nice one Monet! How to lose customers....

Can anyone add their bad experiences with Monet's billing system (sic)?

• 3 weeks later...

Dali, same owner, hit us with lady drink charges of 130B during "Happy Hour" recently.

We assumed, wrongly, that the LD's would be the same as Monet. Wrong frown.gif" border="0

I now ask for a price list and an explanation of the "rules of engagement" when entering ANY Soi 33 bar.

I would advise the reader to do the same.

Soi 33 in general is bad for this, if you ask me. Was in BKK last week, in a Soi33 bar called Renoir. Either they can't count there or they are cheating. We were continously charged for more drinks than we actually had - I guess they figured we were too drunk or stupid to notice (we were not). In addition, after happy hour, drinks are way too expensive (180 Baht for some mixed drinks), the bill can get high quickly. When you ask to see the bill, trying to work out what is what is well-nigh impossible.

Pity about this - Renoir is one of my favorite bars, but this stuff annoys me..

Archived