Ever been unemployed for more than a month ?

gobbledonk

Stick,

Thanks - its a lovely fantasy, but I would need to sell the house to do that, and I'm not prepared to divest myself of my biggest asset for the sake of 12 months. Besides, as I've mentioned in earlier posts, I'm not sure that I am a good match for Thailand : I suspect I'd be a nightlife casualty in pretty short order. I'd actually like to live somewhere even quieter than Brisbane : Rocky is nice all year round, if you dont mind the odd cyclone :)

I was looking at a job site earlier tonite, and, to my amazement, they are looking for IT people in NZ ! The thought of a winter in 'Windy Wellington' doesnt appeal personally, but it just goes to show that anything can happen : we'll have Aussies going to NZ looking for a job. Stone the flamin crows ....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strangely enough my post went awol without a trace. :( If it was pulled for some reason could the person who pulled it please PM me as this is the forth time this has happened and i am getting jack of it.

thank you

AW, right you are. mine don't even get a post deleted by moderator message, they just disapear...like a ladyboy with your wallet. :cussing: It all depends on whose toes one treads upon i suppose :rolleyes: mai pen rai

Ah, Fred : the vision of a ladyboy sprinting down the Soi with your wallet really does tickle me, I'm ashamed to say :)

BTW, I'd like to thank those members who have PM'd me with suggestions and encouragement. Thats one of the things that makes the board something much more than a forum for discussing the cost of BBBJ's, and I appreciate it a great deal.

Cheers.

This guy's right. What are you on about, artiew? I haven't worked in more than a year (also IT), am knee-deep in debt and it doesn't bother me. Take six months out. Relax. I worked for a company that was liquidated and there's one guy that's spent all that time trying to look for work and he's got increasingly desperate and sullen. It shows on his face. Much better to take time out and return refreshed.

Archived