What's the matter with Soi Cowboy !?!?

bangcock

I know that it is the low season, but at Soi Cowboy it seems to be low low season these days.

Maybe it's the time, 8pm, when i've been there but i don't think it's that.

If there is something i don't like it's certainly an empty gogobar with no customers except me.

Are there bars in Soi Cowboy, besides long gun, which have at least some customers in the low season.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: bangcock ]

Soi Cowboy just hasn't moved with the times - that's its problem.

You have the same crappy music, the same boring decor in the bars, and ultimately the same atmosphere. At least Mike from the Midnite bar does make some effort for his bar to be different.

If you had been at Midnight last night you would have seen 3 VERY hansum man watching the nicest little pussies imaginable dancing around in front of their faces. Seriously tho' midnight did had a fair range of punters ranging from the 3 afore mentioned tight arses sitting by them selves (no "buy me drink" girls) next door to a single Japan guy who had 3 "buy me drink" girls sitting around him. Probably 10 to 15 punters around and a fair procession of girls in and out the door who had "scored". Not too Bad for a low season Wed night.

Quite Early Too as FB has to get home for his beauty sleep before 11pm.

Soi Cowboy isn't by any means quiet at the moment - I'd go as far to say that I haven't seen it this lively befoire at this time of year... I can remember the rainy season of '98 when it raiend a shitload and being trapped in a bar in Cowboy and not wanting to run out in the rain for ten seconds and there was NO-ONE around!

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Stickman ]

quote:

Originally posted by bangcock:

I know that it is the low season, but at Soi Cowboy it seems to be low low season these days.

Maybe it's the time, 8pm, when i've been there but i don't think it's that.

If there is something i don't like it's certainly an empty gogobar with no customers except me.

Are there bars in Soi Cowboy, besides long gun, which have at least some customers in the low season.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: bangcock ]

You might have come way to early. While I agree that quite a few of the smaller bars are mostly empty (but not everyday, crowds seem to move in unpredictable ways) at least these bars are usually quite busy : Long Gun(overcrowded most of the time), Tilac, Midnite, Our World, Baccara. I do not remember ever being there at 8PM though, so I would not be able to predict the crowd at that time.

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: boemba ]

But Phil, aren't just the things that you mention about Cowboy th reasons why it is such a good place. I for one do not like these new bars with that are all modern, it's sort of like trying to glamourise the whole industry. I like a touch of sleeze, and Cowboy delivers that!

Stick you could not be more correct! The girls of Cowboy are so much nicer than the girls of Nana. For us residents Cowboy privides a friendly atmosphere away from the tourists. I am always hasseled less in Cowboy. Also Long Gun is the only bar the mamasan/manager regularly buys us a round.

Archived