"Q" class fares on Korean Air, No Delta SkyMiles

NokTang

Actually had the money paid, then they told me. I canceled. Need the Delta Miles.

the fare was "Q" and they claim started last year, no Delta miles on Korean with least expensive (Q) fares.

Delta offers the same exact plane with Delta flight numbers, apx $200.usd more.

So, back to the drawing board.

just a note in case anyone else on Korean with same assumption.

Nok the Kook

Dam annoying, ANSET used to do this in Australia, and Singapore airlines does it sometimes.

Good thing about Thai airlines Frequent Flyer programme is that regardless of class, price uyou paid, how discounted the ticket is, you get 100% points for that trip!

Which is why I am in the Thai Prgoramme, but however, as their planes are getting old, I often fly Singapore!

POINT, I and friend both on same flight, he didn't get points from singapore, but I got them from thai!!!

Ok... you don't get the points, but you DO get a cheaper fare! You have to weigh up whether you are going to get "$200 worth of points" by paying the higher fare. I remember when I was a travel agent in Australia, I used to get people coming in all the time wanting Qantas for example. I would quote them the fare and tell them that someone like Malaysian or Thai had a fare $400 cheaper, and their reply was almost always "no, I have to get my points!" You ae not going to get $400 worth of points on a round-trip Australia/London. You will get enought to get a flight from Sydney round-trip to Melbourne for example, which you can buy for about $150!!! So, my golden rule is, fly with whoever's cheapest (and relatively safe!), and if you get miles its a bonus. Maybe also do what I do and belong to three or four f.flyer clubs to cover the alliances. Just a thought! FP. :)

[color:"green"] So, my golden rule is, fly with whoever's cheapest (and relatively safe!), and if you get miles its a bonus. [/color]

It depends. :: If you do not fly enough to hit the elite flight levels (silver, gold, platinum) then go for the cheaper fare. I have elite status on NW and automatically get upgraded to 1st class on domestic routes. That makes it worthwhile to me.

[color:"green"] I guess this is another reason why most of your airlines are going broke, too! [/color]

Remember Ansett? FF programs has nothing to do with the US airlines losing money. Business people are no longer willing to pay $1000 when others are paying $200 for the same seat.

Says shygye:

[color:"green"] I guess this is another reason why most of your airlines are going broke, too!
[/color]

Remember Ansett? FF programs has nothing to do with the US airlines losing money. Business people are no longer willing to pay $1000 when others are paying $200 for the same seat.

Don't forget that the US has 6 major airlines that service domestic and foreign routes and about another 6 that focus primarily on domestic routes. Mucho overcapacity and very little pricing power in a very competitive market that is in a deteriorating business cycle. Another reason why they are going "broke".

>You ae not going to get $400 worth of points on a round-trip Australia/London. You will get enought to get a flight from Sydney round-trip to Melbourne for example, which you can buy for about $150!!!

That's not correct - SYD-LHR-SYD is around 30K points which is enough to take you to New Zealand.

The cheapest ticket to Kiwi now is just over 470A$.

So, you could get over 400A$ in points - if you wanted to go NZ anyway.

FF points go for something around 2 cents per point (1 cent US).

Archived