Spiders in Thailand

Fidel

my pulse rate was double the norm and i lost all feeling in my arms for 2 days.

I'd be in the same state if I was surrounded by a load of Fillipino nurses :hubba:!

The Village idiot and myself tried to catch a gecko one evening :drunk:.No chance!

What species of spider are they that you can buy in the glass cases in Los?I think Carew65 bought one and it escaped ::.Its now lurking in a dark recess some where in Castle Carew planning his demise :(.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Norfloxacin 400:

Yes the Thais call it kayotha and it is quite venomous but generally not agressive (unless disturbed). unfortunately they are also prolific breeders.

Yep, and their venom cause severe impotence.

Says thalenoi:

>Now, who can say if a tookae in the house is good or bad luck??

Is the tookae the big variety and the Jin jok(?) the smaller albinos type?

I have many of the smaller ones living in the house, the only problem with them is the shit they leave behind.

yep, the tookae is the bigger one, most of the time blueish, compared to small shitters called jin jik.

I found out why tookae's may be considered bad luck. Snakes like to eat them, so if you got a tookae in the house, you might as well soon have snakes in the house........ ::

Cheers,

Limbo

Since spiders dont have any muscular system to propel them they are using blood pressure like a hydraulic system to move. This is all very hard for them and can't be sustained for such a long time. Therefore they sit still as much as possible just waiting for pray. they wont start climbing around on you at night, instead they will eat flies and mosquitos in your room!

Doesn't the Dhamma teach that "all life has value"?

I used to stomp on any insect that moved when I was a kid, but not anymore. Like, I'm really going to put a dent in the local population :rolleyes: My ex g/f ptuk also said gekkos are good luck. We had one in the apartment for awhile and (gosh) no more roaches crawling around the cupboard! :applause:

Archived