Best British food

greg

Au contraire, my culinarily (my word, cool huh?) deprived friend. Besides our own creations such as cajun and creole, we have literally every world cuisine here. Sadly we also have British. And we have some amazing variations such as Southwestern/Asian fusion.

The McD's stuff is simply our wonderful capitalism at work. Actually it is corporate conspiracy to give the rest of the world coronary artery disease so that we can take over your countries and have our way with your women. Well maybe not your women, but Italy's, Brazil's, Sweden?s, etc. :grinyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says lazyphil:

OK yanky boy, you asked for it!!...a country famous for cardboard big macs you have little scope to take the piss outa my mums home cooked meat pies and millions of other mums around this green and pleasant land...so sod off and pick on some other nation!!!

Do you want some bland mushy overboiled peas with that deep fried whatever is cheap today fish sir??? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Guest lazyphil

Yeah, huge slabs of beef on the barbi are great...hahahaf**kingha!! ...as I said to lovethai..until you lot cut the apron strings I suggest you all tow the line with queens english and our cuisine!!!

I must agree with you on that , Australia has no identity of its own when it comes to regional quesiene or national . But it does have one thing going for it and thats fresh produce all year round, what ever you want and at reasonble prices, the only reason poms dont eat big slabs of meat on the bbq is

a they cant afford to pay for the meat there , its so expensive because you import it from Australia, and b your own beef is very suss.

Just one last note !!!!! guess what country has come in the top 3 places in the culinary olimpics for the last 7 years, ill give you a hint !!!! it was not England..... :neener:

Says lovethai:

Do you want some bland mushy overboiled peas with that deep fried whatever is cheap today fish sir???
:bow:

Hi lt,

Obviously you are not fully familiar with the finer points of British cuisine. Mushy peas are not overboiled. There is nothing nicer with tradtional fish and chips.

The best fish and chips I have found are at the place on Suk Soi 23, next to Offshore Bar - and they have real mushy peas, HP Sauce,....the lot.

Khwai

Archived