Best British food

greg

Hi brink,

I have to agree that American food is generally very good.

Another idea for greg - Bourbon Street on Suk Soi 22 / Washington Square. Shitty surroundings but once inside the place is excellent - and it has a restaurant atmosphere rather than the pub style. Maybe more romantic if that's what you are looking for. The food is superb and, as mentioned, American food descends from British so it is not too far off the mark. All on the ground floor, by the way, and probably more expensive than Bulls Head / Dubliner - but not 5 star hotel levels.

I would not recommend that as an option, by the way. With very few exceptions (Huntsman, Senor Picos) the places in the top hotels lack atmosphere and and are vastly over priced. Even the Huntsman is expensive for food and for drinks - outside Happy Hour, which is usually the only time I am to be found in there.

Khwai

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"humbug...oh and you're welcome to our women though!"

No white women please.

Southwest cuisine, especially in New Mexico rules! ::

For British food in Bangkok, I'd have to go with The Bull's Head.

Why the attack on British food

Cornish pasties, Cottage pie, Mush peas, Black pudding.

Lets compare your average British chippy with what you get for fast food in the US

McDonalds? Taco Bell? BK?

Its all shite

How the colonies like The USA, Aus, NZ and Canada can moan when they just have the crap version of our food beggers belief.

At least we know how to fry ane egg

Over easy, sunny side up?? My arse

"Just fry the fuckin thing and dont think of putting pancakes on the plate" :banghead:

Anway back to the point

It looks like Bulls Head or Dubliner then

Why the attack on British food

As all Chef's know, the 2 shortest books in the english language are 'Great British Foods' and 'Great British Recipes'

:neener::banghead::neener:

Actually Yorkshire Pud and the invention of sandwiches go a long way to redeeming youselves. :bow:

"McDonalds? Taco Bell? BK?"

Yes, it's always the worst elements that get all the publicity, no matter the subject. Just like it's not true that all Brits are rowdy yobs (or...are they??) and not all Arabs are flea-ridden pickpockets wandering around with a knife in thier hand looking for a back to stab it in, thus not all American food is fast food. The Southwest has some wonderful stuff, Cajun cooking in New Orleans, deep-dish pizza in Chicago, fresh clam chowder in Boston, etc., etc. Mmmm.

Oh, and if you go with The Dubliner, I recommend the Sunday Board. The last time I looked, the full board was about 550 or 600 baht; half board available for about half that.

Prices at The Bull's Head are about the same as at The Dubliner, I guess. Depending on what you order, a meal for 2 can probably be kept under 800-1000 baht, excluding drinks.

Guest lazyphil

Ok ok, have all you critics eaten at a SW (i.e. Cornwall, Devon) fishing village eatery, or had Scottish Salmon?...I agree the US isn't just fast food and I've had great food there, Chillie beans under the night sky by the San Juan river at Mexican Hat, Utah...unforgettable time!!...Clam Chowder at Cape May, NJ..credit where credit is due.

Archived