where the girls live

Big Kev

Just wondering if anyone has visited bar girls at their homes. I don't mean gone back to their family villages, but the actual rooms or apartments they stay at in BKK or Pattaya.

Curious as to living conditions, roommates, conveniences, etc.

Far away from western standards. I got invited at her place (an honor I suppose), she lives on the groundfloor of a two storey normal street house, rents a 3x3 m room, wooden wall and vent. The first room is occupied ba a family with their 10 year old girl, also in a 3x3 m room. There was a third room on ground floor and a toilet and washing area. Probably the two other floors had 4 rooms each. A balcony at the rear of the first floor was for washing/drying clothes and a shower. She maid me shower once when I spent a few hours at her place.

Would be very difficult for farangs to adapt to such living conditions. For them it's normal life. There were other bg's living there who went off to work around 6 pm, but also some guys. No idea if these were boyfriends. The street had more of these houses. What nice about these people is there solidarity. I often sat eating at a food stall on the street. Some girl would stop by, pick from the plates we had on the table, but they mostly added something they brought along or ordered at the place to share with whoever was sitting at the table. Real thai city life....

have seen similar circumstances. sometimes a 10 sqm room is shared by 2-3 girls. this is as well the living condition of the majority of thais with low income.

the girls still prefer that, than living in rongraem chanbon. visit the sleeping rooms of the girls above SC bars (10-15 girls in one room; the door locked during the night!)!

Yes, I have.

Bar girls coming from other parts of Thailand often stay in one or two rooms inside the bar - if so situated else in an nearby apartment owned by mamasan - up to 10-20 girls in each room.

This to be able to save as much money as possible to send home for parents and child(ren).

One time in Phuket I was staying with a BG who owned a big farm, but she also wanted to have a herd of cattles. laugh.gif" border="0

If girls coming from the area they normally either stay with parents or having an apartment.

The girls from Sabai Dee/Land/Room in Pattaya often make big money. They have nice apartments or houses in the outskirts of Pattaya often with a maid to take care of everything. About noon they wake up, dress in working clothes and then go to have their hair and nails arranged. Same place selling lottery - the hope for big money no TG can resist! Then they take their motorbikes to work - arriving there about about 3 pm.

elef crazy.gif" border="0

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: elef ]

And then there are a few BGs and "former" BGs that have managed to secure overseas funding for very nice western style apartments.

I know one BG who shares an apartment with her sister at the Omni. A "boyfriend" pays for the apartment.

I know a former hostess who has a very nice apartment at Bangkok Gardens. She would be offended to be called a BG. She is probably one of the smartest girls in the scene I know and, except for at least one old time ciniculus client, claims she is loyal to her boyfriend.

I know a girl from G-Spot who had a very nice apartment on Soi Ekamai. I am not sure where she got her funding, but I know she now works in Hong Kong.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: RogerRabbit ]

One girl I found somewhere took me back to here parents house. The conversation was along the lines of " there's my mother, my father, my brother, let's go make music." No-one got any sleep that nite! In the morning I had to get to work early, so she got her brother out of bed at 6am, and he took me on the back of his motorbike back to my apartment - a long journey...

Vague recollections of a slum somewhere, all I recall from that adventure is waking up at WTC without a satang in my pocket. Then there was the tart with a heart way out on Sukhumvit who had quiet a nice apt, single room, but pleasant enough. She enjoyed rutting so much, she took pity on my empty wallet and gave me the bus fare home. I suppose if I'd performed a bit better she'd have paid the cab fare home...

I spent a couple nights in my girl's apartment before and after our one week vacation on Phuket. It was a 4 story apartment house on Ratchada with 3 units on each level. Each apartment had one room, ca. 15 sqm and a bathroom. There was no hot water, only cold water but in BKK the cold water is not that cold so it was OK to take shower. There was a big bucket of water next to the toilet bowl to flush it. She pays 4000 baht each month for this room.

Hunnia

Went to the apartment of a gal that works at Sabia Dee in Pattaya. It was an air-conditioned, clean, fairly large studio with a full western style bathroom. She had a TV, fridge, microwave and nice stereo and the place almost looked like a normal apartment you would see in the States. She paid 4500B a month and lived alone. Of course, this is a MP girl that makes a bit more Baht than a beer bar girl. I have seen the shithole apartments in BKK where 3-4 girls share the same bed and squat toilet and that is more of the norm.

Ranger

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Ranger ]

I've gone home with three free-lancers. One lived in a hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 1 - for two years! Normal low-cost hotel room.

Another lived near Makkasan, Ratchdamri. Small one-bedroom apartment, small shower/toilet cubicle.

A third was a Katoey friend who lived in Pattya (I met "her" in Singapore). I went to Pattya on a lark, and called her to say hello. She met me, and brought me home - to a very nice two-bedroom house. I ended up staying there - I was amazed at what "she" had achieved. I went out with her in Pattaya, and everywhere we went, they recognized her and rolled out the red carpet.

I've also been home with four active bargirls - I was not able to stay at two places, they were sooooooo bad. One lived above Tilac bar, in a tiny cubicle of a room, with just a straw mat to sleep on.

The worst I saw was when I went home with a lady from Soi Zero. She rented a space in a plywood shack that was immediately adjacent to the train tracks that parallel the expressway. This shack was about a full kilometer from Sukhumvit. She literally slept about four meters from where the sides of a passing train would be. There was no road to her place, you had to walk on the tracks, or on a rutty footpath alongside the tracks (pitch dark at night). This was basically a hovel (but clean).

Another girl lived in a one-room apartment in Silom, near to the Malaysia hotel. It was a ground-floor walk-in, with entrance in the car-park of the apartment above. I think it was originally a staff residence room for a security guard or maintenance man or similar.

The fourth girl was a dancer at Longgun. She lived in a apartment place off Sukhumvit Soi 107. She had one large room - the room was maybe 5 by 8 meters "square" with a ceiling about 5 meters high. It was virtually empty - she slept on a straw mat in one corner, with two pillows and a fan.

Bottom line: I think a lot of the active bar girls deliberately live in hovels as a way of motivating themselves to spend the night with a customner in a hotel, instead of going "home". The freelancers are usually older, and more experienced, and have a few more possessions, so they find places that are modest, but at least livable.

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

Archived