Newbies Pay Too Much!!!

zanemay

fatharry2

I agree that it is not worth it to some to ride the bus especially if you are a big man. Some are very uncomfortable in the smallish seats. I mean to encourage people who might only be aware of the expensive options to check out the cheaper possibilities. Hotels often make it sound impossible to take a bus because they get kickbacks from taxi services. Basically they become touts for taxis, tours and everything else they can sell.

kokmarco

Yes I think the rule about cheap hotels is more applicable outside BKK. However, I have found cheap, clean accomodations in the Sukhumwit areas. My TGF made suggestions and I did the leg work.

sing ha

You make a great point about diminishing returns. It's true about everything, everywhere. The more you pay, the more you expect, the more you are open to disappointment. The world is not out there dedicated to giving you value for your money. When setting prices the guideline is "how much can I possibly get?" We have to counter that with "how little can I possibly pay?"

Zane May

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think it’s the newbies who are necessarily the big spenders or driving the prices up: I think it’s the guys who work in the Gulf, many of whom have been coming to LOS for years. These guys are earning big bucks, tax free and they have nothing else to spend it on except girls…in addition once they’re drunk they forget how much they’re spending.

I was talking to some fellows in a bar the other week who were telling me about one of their friends who blew $100,000 in 1 year on hookers. Guys like this are the ones you are competing against for the stunners - these are the ones they are dreaming about, not some tight wad whose counting the cost of the lady drinks he’s buying…

Archived