2 Questions: English - Thai translation Service, and Optical Shops

Savittre

Hi All!

I want to find a recommended English-Thai translation service, in Bangkok, that will handle (you guessed it!) personal correspondence. Obviously, the accuracy of their work is important, but I'd also like to know how much they charge and how long it takes them to get the translation back to me.

Second, I'd like to get a new pair of glasses and new contact lenses in Bangkok. Can anyone recommend a good Optical shop? I want good quality and prices that are fair by Bangkok's standards. BTW, does anyone know what price I can expect to pay for glasses & contacts?? Many thanks!!! cool.gif" border="0

Why not get someone on the board to assist with the translation. Plenty of us on here can read / write / speak Thai to a level that would be adequate to translate for you.

A lot of the translation firms deal in "form" translations such as death certificates and marriage licences and they already have a copy in English there - it's just a case of changing the names. Love letters may not be their speciality!

Stick

Thanks, Khun Sanuk and Stickman! Nobody's going to know better than the expats, I reckon.

I'd like to say that the correspondence is *not* a love letter, but I guess no-one around here wants to believe that.... my pen lie! wink.gif" border="0

P.S. Can anyone give me a price on contact lenses? laugh.gif" border="0

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: Savittre ]

quote:

Originally posted by Savittre:

[QB]P.S. Can anyone give me a price on contact lenses?[QB]

The answer to this is probably "it depends" but, for comparison: Bausch & Lomb 'Seequence' (approx life 1-4 weeks) Box of 6, priced at B950 but offered without haggling at B700.

LG

quote:

The answer to this is probably "it depends" but, for comparison: Bausch & Lomb 'Seequence' (approx life 1-4 weeks) Box of 6, priced at B950 but offered without haggling at B700.

LG

quote:

LG

Archived