House by the pond

I planned to stay in bangkok oktober/november this year, for 5/6 weeks.

I found a hotel, House by the pond.

Price 8000/10000 Bht montly.

Is this a guest friendly hotel?

Anybody stayed here?

Thanks.[*]null[*]accommodation

Hi Dutch,

Recently found that site myself and was about to post a question.The price and location seem great. Can't understand why no board members have voiced an opinion about the place. Hopefully someone will.Oh for your info there seems to be another quite acceptable place called Avenue Mansion One Apartments on tanon Petchburi. I posted message to see if anyone had knowledge of the place but no response so far. I think perhaps the Accomodation site is not visited by as many board members as the General Discussion site but I'm not sure if we are allowed to post accomodation questions under General Discussion. Anyway let's hope somebody replies.

Cheers Hall.

quote:

Originally posted by Dutchboy:

I planned to stay in bangkok oktober/november this year, for 5/6 weeks.

I found a hotel, House by the pond.

Price 8000/10000 Bht montly.

Is this a guest friendly hotel?

nullaccommodation

Well, it's serviced apartments rather than a hotel isn't it so you can do what you want there? I've got a mate who has lived there for several years and is very comfortable there, he has an older 2 bedroomed place. It's nice and quiet down there and I think there is a bit of camaraderie among the occupants. It is quite far down Soi 22 though, way past the Imperial Queens Park. You can also cut through the other way to Soi 16 and up to the Sukhumvit/Asoke junction.

Bear in mind that to get those monthly rates you will probably have to sign a year's lease and put down 2 months' deposit.

If you do walk through that way you will pass an old apartment block tucked into a corner, I can't remember the name but they used to advertise regularly in the Post Classifieds (not many on Soi 16). They had some big old 2 and 3 bedroomed places for around B15,000 per month, nice pool, nice rooftop, but no lift.

LG

Your living quarters can vary greatly based on whether you are housed in the older building or one of the newer ones. I think it is fine for a couple of months stay or less. If you are looking for six months or greater in a studio or one bedroom, you can do much better on the price/location for what you get elsewhere like euro park or omni tower just to name two. The actual surrounding area is quiet, though, its general location is somewhat of an inconvience if you are on the go a lot.

Archived