Sony Memory Stick in Bangkok

Stickman

Bought a Lexar at Home for 90? recently, so TB 3495 sound like a good price to me.

Have to warn you though that the Lexar has some slight Problems with my Sony 707, seems the Camera does not recognise the Stick every time it starts, solution is : Shut down the Cam, take Memory Stick out and in again, restart, then it works usually.

Anyway, I would buy an Original Sony next time.

Sunny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stick,

Congratualtions with the marriage, and all the best!

The cheapest I got in Panthip a month ago was 3200 Bt cash for the sony 128, at the little sony shop on the first floor, next to the entrance (first floor as in NZ = one above the groundfloor).

They also had the 2x128, but at more than two times the price, so I declined.

I'm curently investigating a little portable 20Gb memorydrive with camerastick port, should take away the need to buy too many expensive sticks.

It is called an X-drive portable memorycard data bank, available according an ad in NZ PC World in AKL , at NZ$ 532. Just found it yesterday, will enquire today. Their wbsite is www.globaljunxion.co.nz.

I now own about 600 Mb worth of Sony sticks but still run out when on asssignment in the jungle.

I'll keep you posted if I actually access this drive.

BTW, I'll be back in BKK for a few days in about six weeks, will bring a few pics for you to see about my project we talked about in Woodstock last month. See you then

K

Just received the drive. It is about the size of a Walkman, weighs 300 grams. Working it is really simple. A 128 memeory stick full downloads in about 3 1/2 minutes, the rechargeble battery is supposed to last approx 1.6 hrs, which in theory means I can download 28 sticks, or about 1500-1600 images before I need to find a powersource again. That should do even me for a few days.

I bought one with a bigger drive, got the 40 Gb drive, cost NZ800 +GST.

That should last me a while when the cameras get bigger (e.g. the filesizes). I also intend to use it to back up essentila files from my Laptop, as back-up safety. Although it costs, I think it is a wonderful gadget that just suits my needs.

Since prices in NZ tend to be higher than in BKK for electronic gadgets, maybe you can get one cheaper there.

The new Sony Sticks are in the shops here, NZ$ 400 for a 2x128 stick, 800 for the 512 Mb, and 1600 (!!!) for the 1Gb pro-stick. No thank you, I think my solution is cheaper.

The drive I got fits all common types of camera storage.

It downloads to computer via USB 2.0 or 1.0. My laptop is unfortunaly USB 1, I still want to see if I can playback mp3 files straight from the drive through my laptop. That would mean I could leave my CD's at home, just convert them to MP3 and play them on my computer.

Archived