Has Spring Sprung ?

From my balcony I have a decent view of some fine trees way behind Thonglo and bordered by Klong San Saeb (almost like a 'green-belt area'). I'm on the 17th floor looking down at the crowns of the trees. There are plenty of coconut trees, etc., which definitely remain green throughout the year. But there seems to be a good variety of other trees of a semi-deciduous nature (not a botonist), which drop some leaves, although not many, in Jan. or so. Now it's the beginning of March; and, the sun has 'proceeded' significantly since the first official day of winter. So many of these trees are in 'springtime' bloom now; and, it's beautiful. I can't tell you the names of the trees, etc. I know it doesn't rival Valley Forge, PA in spring, but, ... I like it!

The sun is clearly much higher in the sky at noon now. Not only is it noticeably hotter, but also the general air flow (at/near ground level) has definitely turned more south-easterly, as compared to the more northerly & northeastely flows seen in the 'cool' or dry season (which didn't hang around for long this year).

So, it seems to me that, there's [color:"blue"] [/color] somewhat of a spring here; and, if you have the chance to visit certain parks, etc., this will be fairly obvoius. However, it's a fleeting moment climatically, indeed, a rather ominous sign, to those who live here, that the hottest days will soon be upon us ... is it ever really cool here? Find yourself looking forward to a bit of rain to cool off ? (I can't blame you), ... ah, but looking ahead, there is Songkran ... will this be the year that I take 'the plunge' at Kao Sahn Rd ? ... it just could be what the doc orders for relief from the heat by then.

:bow:

Says New Petchburi Pete:

From my balcony I have a decent view of some fine trees way behind ....looking down at the crowns of the trees. ... Now it's the beginning of March; and, the sun has 'proceeded' significantly since the first official day of winter. So many of these trees are in 'springtime' bloom now; and, it's beautiful.

Wow!! I had the same thought today while eating at the Emporium Fuji Restaurant overlooking Queen Sirikit park and the nice trees in there. Like you say, it wont last long. It is definitely hotter than just a few weeks ago. :onfire:

[color:"green"] This thought crossed my mind too as it now only takes 10mins to scrape the frost of my car instead of the usual 1/2 an hour [/color]

Yeah, the snow drift outside my living room window is now 2 feet high instead of the 3 feet it was 2 weeks ago! :grinyes:

SPRING

"When the birds are in the sky, and flowers are on the ground, a young mans fancy turns to what women have been thinking all year round"

Archived