Another one goes to a GTG. What's Happening ????

For those who haven't caught this in another thread, our esteemed Moderator has gone GTG. :grinyes:

This was his announcement in the other thread;

Quote: THIS IS A QUOTE FROM JJshushi POST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is some truth to what you say however the basis of the theory is flawed to me.

The way you put it with the GTG scenario, the assumption is that the farang travels to Thailand seeking a committed relationship and not for the purpose of sex or nightlife fun. I don't think many guys come to LOS with the intention of finding a committed partner. I believe most men come to Thailand to sample the nightlife. Falling in love with a BG is not the intention but rather the unintended side effect.

Normal men do not seek their life companions in places of prostitution. Only after visiting such places and connecting with women in that scene in some manner do they contemplate that they may truly love or care about that individual. I have yet to meet a guy who says that he is going to a whorehouse to find his wife.

Why don't farangs seek GTG's?

Their initial intention is to have fun and party not look for a wife/girlfriend.

Why do farangs fall for BG's?

They connect with a woman in some manner in which they look beyond the fact she is a prositute. They believe that in some way they can remove the woman from the scene by engaging in a serious relationship with her. They truly believe that love can conquer all.

Why are farangs so gullible?

They never imagined that a prostitute could display genuine feeling because as farangs they are used to the cold, transactional, sterile, evil, immoral form of prostitution as practiced in the West.

Why do farangs take the path of least resistance?

When you believe your in love or your only seeking pleasure why not? Some men are also convinced that Thai women in prostitution are in need of being saved by a caring man. There are thousands of other reasons too.

I guess the bottom line is that some men have the ability for whatever their reasons may be to look beyond the fact that a woman they can love is or was a prostitute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post JJ.

>>>Why don't farangs seek GTG's?

Their initial intention is to have fun and party not look for a wife/girlfriend.<<<< I think another reason is accesibility to a GTG, with an only average 5-7 day stay.

I've done the sanuk scene in Thailand, and up to this point, nothing more. Lower Suk IS Thailand, in my small little brain. Well...it was, up until 3 weeks ago. I heard about BKKChat here, and decided to finally check it out, for research. Pretty much what I expected after two hours and many encounters. Was getting ready to sign off, and then something happened.

I met HER. I was trying to figure out how to manage all the people trying to contact me, and how to deal with it all, while I was in conversation with someone else. I asked her for help right away, and she spent the next 1/2 hour walking me all through it. Unbelievably patient, and very warm. Turns out to be a GTG who goes there (chat) twice a year, just for amusement. Never takes any of it seriously. I just got lucky.

Did you know that some Thai girls read The Bangkok Post, and The Nation every day? And have an opinion on Iraq, Thai drug problem, prositution, and in some respects, have a better command of the English language than yourself? Holy shit...WTF is going on here?

My observations, if anyone cares: Good Thai girls are hard nuts to crack. I've made this statement before, but now I say so out of experience. They see farang with young Thai prostitute every day in BKK, no matter where they live, or work. They are very, very suspicious (and mostly, for good reason). They are going to have a pre-concieved notion about us....we do carry a stigmatism, that has to be dis-proved. Not unlike a B/G has to prove to us.

I will tell you this. Had I not been 100% truthfull with this girl from the very beginning, I would not be posting here. Because there would be nothing to post. Our relationship wouldn't exist. I talk to her 3-4 hours every day. We exist because we have come to very much trust each other. Took me a week to find out which area in BKK she lives. She now is telling be things she never has told anyone, and she has me chatting with several of her very close friends, and knows I could cause her enourmous problems if I betrayed her trust.

My next trip, I will be in southern Thailand with her, along with 3 her friends (2 rooms, me not in hers). Done very much in the traditional Thai style of dating. Not good? I haven't even met this girl, but if you ask me about Thailand, I will think of her first, because she is real, and has become a real friend I can trust. I can't say that about one single b/g I have ever been with. To think of her sending me an email asking me for money is laughable, to both of us.

My point to all this? I've been doing it wrong. Screwing a prostitute, and then trying to make a relationship out of it, is inherently skewed. Develope the relationship, and then let the sex happen. Old fashioned? Yea. But has worked pretty well through the ages. Better than sitting home every night worrying what your partner in life, is up to.

Just my recent observations, as my brain gets bigger.

HT

Hey tirac, I think I just dropped 10 baht overboard. Have you seen it?

Comments on this momentous happening and possible ramification for all are welcomed. :neener:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My point to all this? I've been doing it wrong. Screwing a prostitute, and then trying to make a relationship out of it, is inherently skewed. Develope the relationship, and then let the sex happen. Old fashioned? Yea. But has worked pretty well through the ages. Better than sitting home every night worrying what your partner in life, is up to. "

Well there is truth to what you say and I personally go this route HOWEVER this next quote really makes me wonder...

" I HAVE NOT EVEN MET HER YET."

Hello...????

I think it would be ADVISEABLE FOR YOU TO MEET HER FIRST-Because right now she is just a voice and and emails-

I would withhold all of this trust for a while but thats just me...

YOu are sold on her already??? Why are Farangs so gullible...???

She only goes on BKK chat twice a year??? HMMMMM maybe so maybe not :dunno:

Good luck as your heart is surely in the right place but rawang...

your brain "might" not be there as well... I say this with kindness...Expect just a little and then its no worries...

Take Care and let us know how it goes.Now I am curious as well

I just hope that HT is not going to blame me on that one

We will blame you if you are the one who sent him into that den of GTGs. :doah:

HT also said "I'm not in love".

Me thinks thou doth protest too mutt!!!!!!!!!!

The bigger they are the harder they fall, sigh :sleeping:

This whole business tells me that of all the posters here, moderators will fall the hardest :neener:

Good luck HT.

I hope you follow this through not so much as she is the one (especially since you haven't even met her) but your changed way of thinking.

It took me a long time to get beyond the lower sukhumvit mentality but once i did, there are many more options out there. It doesn't mean i don't enjoy lower sukhumvit as i do.

But i refuse to blur the girls who are available for sex with girls who one wants to have a sustainable relationship with. Thank God for me personally I have always kept these two groups different. Of the many BGs i have met, I wouldn't consider any of them sincere and lifelong friend candidates. We just come from two different worlds, backgrounds and ideologies.

It doesn't mean BGs are bad or evil people, but it has to do more with compatibility, companionship, and mental stimulation.

The three nicest Thai girls I have met and this is big, trust 100%. Two had never been to sukhumvit road before they met me and the third one avoids lower sukhumvit like the plague.

The combination of what the BGs brings to the table combined with the "entertainment" environment in which they must survive, they already have two strikes against them. Even though on the surface the evnvironment projects fun and sanuk (for us), it is a very unhealthy and poisonous environment in which to make a living out of (for the BGs). It adversely impacts these girls in a negative way some more than others.

While dealing with GTGs is no guarantee either, the odds are just better due to a greater diversity and upside market. While it is probably not impossible to find a decent BG (some guys say no more than a month in the scene), I just equate it much more to playing russian roulette. Why go that way if one doesn't need to.

I just enjoy the bar scene for what it is and not try to make something out of it for what it really wasn't its intended purpose.

Cardinalblue

Archived