Another one goes to a GTG. What's Happening ????

"MMan wrote:

So why are these GTGirls after westerners? Mightn't it be they aren't so good? What did they do in the past? And WHY oh WHY are they now after farang man?

Something just doesn't add up with our mythical GTG."

There is a number of reasons here. One is the difference, the same thing which attracted many of us to Thailand in the first place. Secondly many foreigners have an attitude which fits modern Thai girls better than many Thai males, we don't expect them to be linked to the kitchen sink.

Also, there is a shortage of educated Thai males (70% of Uni graduates are girls). This links with financial motives in some cases of course, not enough Thai blokes with cash.

Then of course there is a number of them who have been burned by Thai men and has decided not to go that path again.

Cheers!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Also, there is a shortage of educated Thai males (70% of Uni graduates are girls). This links with financial motives in some cases of course, not enough Thai blokes with cash.

No such a shortage in farangland on either side. No massive hunt by our girls for foreigners. That could be one of the reasons.

>Then of course there is a number of them who have been burned by Thai men and has decided not to go that path again.

Same in farangland. Hardly any girl "burned" in her previous relationship with her countryman says enough is enough and goes for foreigners.

There is something more trivial iside it that brings GTGs and BGs into the same queue. I can only guess what it is.

Edited my post to add a missing sentence in the first paragraph.

[color:"red"]And what makes the GTG all of a sudden want to date/marry a westerner? As an analogy, wouldn't you think it strange if the girl down the street, little Jane Smith, finished high school and college and all of a sudden announced 'I want to marry a good Thai guy?' Most would say 'What the hell is going on with little Jane Smith?' I know I sure would.

So why are these GTGirls after westerners? Mightn't it be they aren't so good? What did they do in the past? And WHY oh WHY are they now after farang man?

[/color]

It is not all of suddent that the so-called GTG and I would use non-prostitute Thais are interested in Western men.

Thai women have been know to be married to Western men way before WW I. And, mind you, many Thai women have been highly and educated from the West way before WW II. Grant it there are more now who are quite educated and many more have been educated in the West.

For the past 33 years living in the West, there was NOT a trip to Thailand that some one would ask me to find her an American husband and these requests are from ordinary, everyday women. Their education are at least high school and ages from 20 to 50s.

The requests stempem from many reasons, one main reason is the Thai women have evolved to be more educated and career-oriented and want equal opportunities. Thai men (most of them) have never changed, they are still the same Thai men of 100 years ago.

I have had many good Thai male friends and most of them I think have become quite good husbands of their educated, caree-oriented Thai females. These are not the majority of Thai males. Our Thais (male and females) still lack minimum of highschool education, lacks responsibilities and many of them are not very dependable.

Also, many Thai females have the pre-conceived idea that Western men make better husbands and providers becuase of the money's value.

Lastly, some of the "farang"men are simply irresitable!!! :neener:

Cheers! ::

TTM,

I have found GTGs thinking that they are much better than what thai men can offer and their actual performance. I don't find it at all a bit strange that GTG are attracted to falangs. Actually, I find it strange that more GTGs are not chasing after more falangs. Wouldn't you if someone views you as an equal?

I would recommend reading the recent articles about high percentages of sexual harassment women experience in the office. Granted we have regulations and company policies that don't exist here that in turn repress/control our behaviors and attitudes. The bottom line is many male falangs treat women in general with more respect and dignity than how most thai men treat their female counterparts.

Then again, GTGs are really looking for only good falang men so that will rule out a good percentage of falangs anyway. I have come away with the impression thai girls are playing the percentages when assessing falangs to thai men. In either case, it isn't that a GTG wants a falang, they want a GOOD falang! I know many GTGs who are looking for the above mentioned description.

I am now taking applications.....

Cardinalblue

>Thai men (most of them) have never changed, they are still the same Thai men of 100 years ago.

Maybe, but I love to believe you are not right and you getting even less right as the time goes by.

Posted the same thing before.

"Thai men no good" is the classic we hear.

At the skate board rink at the Benjasiri park, I tried to compete with the boys half my age. Almost all of them were better than me.

We talked after the session: they were nice, they knew what they were talking about, their English was perfect, they were cute, goal oriented young men.

It was only the heat that reminded me I was not in the West.

OK, it was a western discipline of skateboarding but the boys looked like they could achieve anything they wanted. Sounded they were all on that path.

I wish it's not only urban elite. Forget the skate boards.

P.S.

Ocassionally, when my gf goes for aerobic in the park, some of the boys say hello to her.

>GTGs are really looking for only good falang men so that will rule out a good percentage of falangs anyway. I have come away with the impression thai girls are playing the percentages when assessing falangs to thai men. In either case, it isn't that a GTG wants a falang, they want a GOOD falang! I know many GTGs who are looking for the above mentioned description.

CB,

Again, I stepped in to defend BGs, although you have never been harsh on them.

What you said - no problems with me.

GTGs are after GOOD falangs.

BGs are after any falang, good ones welcome.

The trouble is - that's what the post was about - both camps are after a falang.

Says think_too_mut:

>Also, there is a shortage of educated Thai males (70% of Uni graduates are girls). This links with financial motives in some cases of course, not enough Thai blokes with cash.

No such a shortage in farangland on either side. No massive hunt by our girls for foreigners. That could be one of the reasons.

>Then of course there is a number of them who have been burned by Thai men and has decided not to go that path again.

Same in farangland. Hardly any girl "burned" in her previous relationship with her countryman says enough is enough and goes for foreigners.

There is something more trivial iside it that brings GTGs and BGs into the same queue. I can only guess what it is.

Edited my post to add a missing sentence in the first paragraph.

TTM,

Commercials on TV and the mentality of actual times, consumerism and capitalism brings that GTG's will want a better life than what they see and have in LOS today.......

I'm only guessing as well, have not discussed that with my GF, because her answer is simple : because I love you :) :) :)

Just my take on the subject.....

Cheers !

">Then of course there is a number of them who have been burned by Thai men and has decided not to go that path again.

Same in farangland. Hardly any girl "burned" in her previous relationship with her countryman says enough is enough and goes for foreigners."

I don't really know, but maybe the Thai men have got that tag from visiting the local sanuk scene once too often? Or cheating on their wife?

I mentioned the "burned" point as I got that explanation from one of my friends. Maybe she in addition to her own experience watched some farang relationships and thought the men behaved better? She didn't have any reason to make this up though, we have never been more than friends.

BTW, in my country there is a lot of girls who go for foreign men only. The popular flavor isn't Thai though!

Cheers!

Says think_too_mut:

>because I love you

BelgianBoy,

If you bring an argumet like this...I am disarmed.

Enjoy!

(and ignore my tag line)

TTM,

Thats the main reason that I cant discuss it with her.... :) :) I just get a very Thai answer to avoid further questions :) :)

Whats your planning so far ? When are you back in BKK and when is she planning her move ?

Cheers !

Archived