Just Wondering...

I look at the visitors section at Nanapong and see many of the old names from this board over there, either posting or just looking. I also see many of you guys over there. Is there some reason why Marcel doesn't work things out with Delphi and just re-open? I understand that they can't be trusted. It just seems like this board isn't getting the quantity of posts or visits and therefore, isn't enjoying the quality that it used to.

I am not trying to flame, incite, or otherwise start anything. Peace.

Hi,

As far as I am concerned we are not moving back to Delphi. It is partially a principle question, and partially a question of security. Nobody will shut this one down.

As for amount of posts, the Delphi board was doing ~300 a day, this board is up to about 250 a day. So not that much difference.

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk has had two boards closed down in the past, and as long as her has a board posted elsehwere, it could very well happen again. As long as this board is hosted at his own server, thec hances of it getting closed down are much, much smaller.

Is there a way to do a search like you could on the old Delphi board?

That's really my only pevee about this software. It seems that it'll let me search by category, but not search the entire board. Rather annoying when you're looking up something like "Nana Hotel" as there will be posts on "General",

"Accomodations" and "Nightlife".

The old Delphi board was great, you could search and find hotel reviews for ANY hotel in Bangkok and Pattaya. (Helped a LOT for planning my trip last year). Can't wait till this board gets to that critical mass of posts.

My 2baht...

-=/NN

ET

The new board has only been up for a few months so give it some time and the quanity of posts should be back up to the same amount.

True, the new board doesn't have the same feel but Khun Sanuk was completely right to set this new one up and in time we will get used to it.

A world without nanaplaza.com would be a lot less interesting.

Hector

Hi,

"Is there a way to do a search like you could on the old Delphi board?

That's really my only pevee about this software. It seems that it'll let me search by category, but not search the entire board. Rather annoying when you're looking up something like "Nana Hotel" as there will be posts on "General",

"Accomodations" and "Nightlife". "

Yes, this is possible, but at the moment the option is switched off. Reason being that it would put too much strain on the server.

However, we may be moving the board/site to a dedicated server and when(if?) that happens I may turn the option on again.

Sanuk!

I'm new to this Board game and this is the first board I logged on to after a recommendation from a friend.

After a response to a post directed me to VietnamFun on Delphi, I logged on there. Maybe it's just that page but I just can't get the hang of that bloody board.

I like this one much better.

No compliment intended

I like this board...although at times its a drag to re-read posts...instead of Delphi's way of reading the most recent.

Still, I appreciate the effort from those involved.

Thanks.

Archived