Cultural no-nos!

Guest lazyphil

<<I am and will be. How can I live without you guys ? You've been a part of my life already !!!!!!!!>>

Awwwwww, am I included in this? ;) ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I would not be surprised if there is many, many more

---------------------------------------

I don't see it in previous answers, but as far as daily life is concerned, I would say that showing strong feelings, esp. anger is something that is definitely counter-productive. not that you will be ignored or shown the door, but it's just that it shows poor judgement, is a strain on everyone, and you may get concern for you but not special sympathy. It's just yourself acting out, and that puts you outside of the social circle you're in at that specific moment. Kinda....

The first time I met my GFs mother, I gave her my A number one Wai!

She said to daughter (in Lisu which I don't understand) "Why did he do that. We are Lisu and don't wai. Doesn't he know about us."

THank goodness I had a nice jacket from America for her and that more than made up for ot. I also gave her a bottle of Kentucky Burbon for Gfs father who was not there. Both of them freaked out. Aparently Papa is not allowed to drink, and this was the worst gift possible. Ah well back in the dog baan for me. :(

Hi Roppongi,

when selecting photos to put in our "two show" (big 4 layer living room drawer??) the pics of the king(s) go on top, than below them pics of other people like my wife and respective parents.

Pics of the king looked really good on top of the drawer in our sleeping room. Couldn't do that, since our feet would be pointing towards them when we sleep.

Budda images and the like in the middle of the bed, on top of the wooden layer.

Don't kiss in public before you're married or the parents know about the relationship. At least not too close to where they know your GF.

Don't put your GF's underwear jokingly on your head. Doesn't go down well.

"wanting to get my hair cut on a wednesday (bad luck).."

Yeah I'd heard of this one, and have done it before. Great luck for me because I didn't have to wait..

I'm sure there are many barbers that hate this one.

• 1 month later...

Archived