Thai Son of WTO head faces rape charge in London

gene1944

Assuming he serves any time at all he'll serve a minor term and then either be let out or have his sentence commuted to an even more trivial term in Thailand and eventually he'll be with that other hi-so character who's currently in jail, free on the streets again. What will hurt him the most is the criminal record he'll now get in England. That will make it impossible to get a job in finance ever again so my guess is somebody will be doing daddy a favour or two in Thailand giving this guy a good job in the future but he can kiss goodbye to his career if he is convicted. The heart bleeds for people like this. They spend their who lives thinking that because of their class they are above the law and it always very satisfying to see them get what they deserve when it happens.

Thats it, makes everyone sick when the great and the good in a country like Thailand can escape justice completely. Sure having money in any country will lessen your chances of conviction but when the evidence is overwhelming in a western country very rarely will they escape.

Incidentally whats happening with those Chalerm sons, have they gone to trial yet.

STH

"it always very satisfying to see them get what they deserve when it happens."

Dunno...prefer seeing the poor suffer...I wouldn't mind having a drink with that guy and Chalerm's kid after they get out

Guest lazyphil

<<Dunno...prefer seeing the poor suffer...I wouldn't mind having a drink with that guy and Chalerm's kid after they get out>>

U wanna shit storm devils advocate!! :banghead: :banghead:

"Incidentally whats happening with those Chalerm sons, have they gone to trial yet."

The trial has been going on for several months, and will be going for several more months. It seems testimony happens only once a week or so. When did this shooting occur, wasn't it in October 2001, or so?

The longer this trial drags out, the more likely there will be an acquittal.

Archived