Scorpions concert

Ranger

Got tickets today to the Scorpions Acoustica concert today. They're playing August 7th, 8 pm at the Sirikit Center. It looks like a pretty small venue (maybe 2000?). Bought the tickets at Mangpong music store at Major Ekkamai (near the movie box office on the middle floor). They had tickets priced at 2000B, 1500B and 1000B. Got 9th row center (2000B) and they had plenty of seats available. Not sure where else they are selling the tickets (other Mangpong music stores?), just saw the poster outside the store after we bought movie tickets.

Ranger

Thanks Ranger for the info - I'll get a couple of tickets tomorrow.

I just checked out the website and this gig is part of a pretty extensive Asian tour. Some of the concerts will be the full rockshow whereas others will be acoustic. I have to be honest and say I would've preferred the rockshow.

Phil,

Yeah, a rock show would probably be better (my buddy didn't buy tickets with me because he didn't want to see an acoustic show), but an acoustic show in a smaller, intimate setting instead of a huge arena might be alright. Anyway, with as few decent concerts as we get here, we can't be too picky. Yes, it does make for an expensive weeks entertainment, I wasn't real thrilled with shelling out another 4000B either.

Ranger

Damned few opportunities to see any decent rock concerts in Thailand. I would shell out in a second to see the Scorps, even though they were pretty disappointing the last time I saw them. They were amazing when I saw them in 1983 in SF, and had a warm up group no one had ever heard of before: Bon Jovi.

I can just see those little TG's singing along with "Holiday". Man, I miss LOS.

I wonder when AC/DC will make it to Bangkok? Perhaps it will be the same time when they decide to do an acoustic set also.

As was said, you can't be picky. Take what you can get. It's one of the things I miss most 'bout home. Good choice of live music. I'm not sure if I could justify 2000 baht... well, to be honest I can't afford it, I will have to settle for Fox Band at the Bamboo Bar. They do some nice versions of Santana, Led Zepplin and Bob Marley, not to mention their own Carabao. They also do Ricky Martin, West Life and Madonna.

Ranger,

Got tickets for the Scorpions today - 9th row from the front (numbers I41 and I42) so it looks as though we'll probably be sitting next to eachother.

Can you promise me not to get your cigarette lighter out during one of the ballads LOL

Archived