"She Don't GO With Farang"

In the bars I usually see a connection between blonde hair and "only go with Jap.". I've never understood the theory behing the blonde hair....Are they trying to "look Japanese", on the theory that

Jap. men want girls who "look Jap."? Does that make any sense, because no Americans (or any farang) wants a Thai girl to look American (or look farang).

p.s. And "Jap" is not derogatory, just as "jew" is not for Jewish (i.e., Jewish people ALWAYS refer to themselves as Jews).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you may find some Japanese who disagree with you. There are many blacks who refer to themselves with the N word. Clearly it would be inappropriate for a white person to use that same reference.

Says artiew:

I love Asian women who arent afraid to be Asian women.

Screw dyed hair, body piercing, visible tatts (anything on the breasts is a huge no-no) and 18 inch heels. We have plenty of
white
trash just like that - I certainly dont need to go to Asia to see clones.

Too each his own but the reality is that the world is a global community now and people are influenced by other cultures. Fashion knows no ethnicity these days and with the growing influence of MTV on the young, you might as well get used to your "image" of the stereotypical "Asian" look being one of many "Asian" looks. Doesn't make the women less "Asian" just more fashion prone.

I agree with what you're saying & it's a good point.

Still I agree with artview & that camp & prefer the natural hair & as few tattoo's, piercings etc. as possible.

Actually one of my longest running & best friend/regular BG who is as far from the hardcore & J-guy only BG camp as you can get, but still she recently told she dyed her hair & she's always had a tatto, so I'm a bit extra excited to see how we get on when I get back in may :dunno: :: :p

Yeah, I guess this ties in with the earlier assertion that the girls are doing it for their boyfriends (ie their peers).I am told that Asian men get all hot and bothered over blonde Western women (I dont mind some of them either :)), but taking your fantasies from the tarts that crop up on MTV - it looks like the cultural invasion is complete. I know I'm a fossil, but someone like Britney Spears just doesnt compare to many of the Asian stars in terms of outright beauty, IMO.

Each to their own, and I guess there is also a need to feel like an 'individual' in a country of 70 million. Dye fades, but easy on the tatts, ladies - they seem to be a lot harder to wash off.

In my understanding of it, most Japanese sanukers want to shag birds who look like Japanese schoolgirls (an offshoot of the the "enjo-kosai" boom that was popular in Japan in the 90s: dirty old geezers giving underage gals pocket-money to buy cellphones and gucchi gear in exchange for sex). At that time the in-look with Japanese schoolgirls (though it's well on its way out as a fad now: Thai girls have just been slow off the blocks to recognise it) was the "gyaru" look which basically meant mini skirts, those awful-sweaty-looking "loose socks" and bleached hair (orange, auburn or blonde). This found its ugly culmination in the scary "yamamba" look which was bizarre 70s eye shadow, white hair, outrageous platform heels and sunbed suntans. The "yamamba" are thin on the ground though. The fashion seems to be for getting back to naturalness. Loose socks have just about packed their bags and pissed off, thank fuck.

But, anyway, if any Thai BGs are after Japanese dudes ? big wallet, small dick, come quick etc. ? they'd be well-advised to bleach the hair and look/act as cute, naive (and gormless) as possible. That appearance would certainly attract a few big Nipponesque wallets. They'd be well-advised to drop the tattoos though: Japanese men will associate them with yakuza/chimpira and think the birds look too scruffy and hard :o.

As for the "Jap" issue, in over a decade living in Japan I never heard a Japanese person (on TV or during my social/work life) refer to his or her self as a "Jap". They will always say "Japaneeeese" which is wierd becauce one major feature of the Japanese language is it passion for abbreviating terms (so Kansai Airport is shortened to "Kan-Ku" (Kansai Kukoo") Sky-Perfect TV is known as "Ska-Pa", washing your hair in the morning is known as "asa-shan" (asa no shampoo")). I did have experience of a few older males taking offense when the term "Jap" was used by a foreigner in their presence. When I asked one of them why he told me that it is because allied troops always called them "Japs"/"Evil Japs" during the War and his generation were ashamed of that time and wanted to forget it, or some still thought the term derogatory. I'm not sure if that's the reason, but it would seem to make sense.

jack :drunk:

In the bars I usually see a connection between blonde hair and "only go with Jap.". I've never understood the theory behing the blonde hair....Are they trying to "look Japanese", on the theory that

Jap. men want girls who "look Jap."? Does that make any sense, because no Americans (or any farang) wants a Thai girl to look American (or look farang).

If they've got blonde hair June, I don't think they're trying to look Japanese. More like a Western gal, me thinks.

And as Fiery explained, Jap is a slur term.

I did have experience of a few older males

Not that there's anything wrong with that, FJ, but the image of you in a schoolgirl-style 'Sailor Suit' is a tough one to grapple with :)

I am still at a loss to think of a single example of an Asian woman who looks better with blonde hair than she did with her natural tint, but thats just one mans opinion. Why dont these high rollers simply hire one of the Russian or other Euro-trash working girls that seem to have established themselves in various parts of Asia ? My guess is that they dont get the necessary combination of 'petite and submissive' that these guys seem to need in their womenfolk. Horses for courses, I guess.

Archived