TRINK -NANA PLAZA POLICE PEE-ATHON LAST FRIDAY???

jitagawn

In this weeks Trink column he mentioned that last Friday the Brown shirts were at Nana requesting BGs,Staff and Farangs to pee for public health and safety. Did anybody see this ? Is he correct and if so where and when did this happen? He also comented that EVERYONE ::passed which I find rather hard to believe in this particular group of the populace...Inquiring minds want to know as I was in Japan for 10 days... ::

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be Hollywood disco way out on Ratchada (NOT in nana) if it is the thread I am thinking of.

I do have to say the police barricading is stepping up though. They seem to be out on more roads and earlier than ever. I was in a cab alone last night at 1am and was stopped and shaken down by the police at a road block. Obvious they were looking for drugs. They asked for passport which I ddin't have and they didn't seem to mind. They just said to me you cannot have pocket knives in LOS and handed mine back to me. Then drove past another barricaded road, but was not stopped. This type thing didn't happen a year ago, but now seems to be getting too common.

These road block checks have been going on continuously for as long as I've been in the LOS (13 years and counting). I haven't noticed them becoming any more common in recent months.

Says khunsanuk:

Hi,

I find it very hard to believe that nobody here mentioned this. If this happened then I would be willing to bet that at least one of the guys here would have either seen it first hand, or have heard about it.

Sanuk!

I was going into the Nana Disco about midnight about two weeks ago (can't remember the exact night, could have been less than two weeks ago) and the cops had set a table outside near the entrance to the disco and they were collecting all the girls ID's. When I inquired as to what was going on, my bg companion told me they were making all the girls take urine tests for drugs. It appeared they got their ID's back when they submitted the sample to the police. I did not see anyone but girls being tested. No falangs. They did not even look at me as I stood there for a few minutes observing the whole operation.

All the girls I saw (dozens) were cooperating with the police without protest. They would go into the bathroom and emerge with their samples. I don't know if they had any cops actually in the bathroom watching the girls provide the samples. As I observed the police collecting the sample vials from the girls and filling out forms with their ID information, it occurred to me that it must not be unusual for errors and mix-ups to occur, not to mention the possiblity of erroneous lab results.

All in all, quite an amazing and somewhat troubling thing to witness.

Archived