Easy to make a new ID card for TG ?

My GF need another ID card now because she

divorced some month ago.Or her card is out-of-date ?

She told me that's she have some problem to have a new one now ..?? Can i believe her ? :banghead:

She need this new ID card for make her passport.

I want she move in Switzerland with me in june.

She need to hurry a bit now.. :cussing:

I guessed it was very easy to make a new ID card in Thailand..i'm wrong or not ? :doah:

Thank's

I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy to do, asuming she has the correct paper work. (Divorce papers/namechange forms. Assumedly if the card's out of date, it is quite simple to get a new one.)

I know NOTHING about you and you're girl, but wouldn't you think this would have been organised a long time ago, if you need it for her to move to farangland. Is it possible she doesn't want to go?

"She told me that's she have some problem to have a new one now ..?? Can i believe her ?"

Yes you can believe her that she has a problem to make a new one, the big question would be what the actual problem is? I know it's not your question here but I would be very suspicious if I were you.

A new ID card is very easy to make, time consuming but easy if she is determined to and has nothing to hide.

Thank's for your answer..

i don't know where is the problem .. :: Maybe with ex-thai husband.

But i will ask her.

she said she really want go with me..( i'm not sponsoring her now..).

But i will follow your advice and be a little more suspicious and just waiting.

She know what she have to do for a new one...so if she really want she can do it..oherwise i will looking for a new GF :o

I helped a girl get a new ID card about 6 months ago and it was quite the pain in the ass. She had to bring all sorts of identification papers with her and we travelled back to her home province to submit everything- the local village head had to be there to certify that the papers were all in order. The actual card didn't take too long to make but it was the gathering of papers and the travel and arranging of everything that was a pain.

And then of course we're getting ready to take the plane back from Chiang Mai and she suddenly can't find her brand new ID. She lost it!!! I drove back to the hotel at about Mach 3 to look for the ID and couldn't find it so rushed back to the airport to make the flight. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy about that.

In the end we had planned a second trip back (her alone this time, going by bus) but meanwhile someone found the ID and mailed it to her home address so we had it sent to Bangkok by courier.

Bottom line is that the difficulty is not that she can't get a new ID it's just the process of doing it that's rather arduous if she's living far from her home province. Of course if she really wanted to go to Switzerland then she'd just do it.

Cheers!

I helped a girl get a new ID card about 6 months ago and it was quite the pain in the ass
I assume this was a case of a lost ID Card and need to prove who she rather than the normal need to change a card where the card takes care of that. It usually is not a big deal to make a new ID Card and here in Bangkok the process only takes about 15 minutes and does not require any extra paperwork. Understand upcountry travel can be a pain and process takes longer but suspect in this case not all is in legal order (divorce has not been done - ID not her); or just not want to travel and prefer he just send cash and she stay here.

Crash999,

an excellent answer. :applause:

Must admit that Lopburi has some valid feedback as well here.

If your GF has a current ID card, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a new one. getting the divorce papers may be difficult tho, pending on her husbands reaction.

I had the exact opposite experience when my GF lost her ID card,

We went back upcountry and all she needed was police report and Tabian Barn. Filled in form, photograph taken, all done and dusted in 2 hours.

BUT

then she had to wait 3 months for them to issue the new ID card.

Her friend, a Pattaya girl, got her new ID in Pattaya in 1 day.

Archived