Easy to make a new ID card for TG ?

My wife(then gf of course) had nothing.Ziltch.Didn't exist on paper.The process to get the ID card was a nuisance.Basically needed a bunch of people to affirm who she was, then they issue a temporary yellow slip while the card is getting made.If her Amphoe is outside of BKK then it will take longer to get the card done.

Here is a link the the Department of Local Administration.They are responsible for managing thai ID's nation wide.

DOLA - Thai Id card ..in English

My gf claims her Id expires in april and we attended her sisters marriage at her home village on march 15th, stayed there for 5 days and when I asked her if she thought renewing her ID she answered : "later my love"... Go figure, we're back in Chumpon, 1.000km from her village...

Im not sure if this is correct,but i heard that if a girl breaks the law or is reported to the police for scamming or stealing,and then dissapears.The attitude of the police is that she can be caught when she goes to renew her ID card.

I knew one girl that had a shady history and her ID should have been renewed ages ago.

Archived