Ghosts!

ranma500

I'll have my wife translate your story. I've seen one of the Nang Nak movies andenjoyed it quite a bit.

There is a Wat on Suk. (or near Suk.) that has a shrine to Mair Nak (Nang Nak). It suposedly contains her bones.

Spooky stuff.

The Wat you refer to is in Wat Mahabout (my transliteration) in Phra Khanong.

If you take the Skytrain to Phra Khanong station, when you come down the stairs to the lower level, turn left, go thru the turnstyles and exit left and down the stairs onto Sukhumvit.

Walk in the direction of traffic past soi 69 and across the intersection with Suk 71.

Continue walking about 300M to an overpass spanning a canal: take the footbridge to the Canal Boat pier; it's pretty obvious. The Canal Boat will take you to the Wat...worth the trip.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. The Salem witch frenzy was caused by a few bored girls who started accusing people for "fun" and acting bewitched. The trials - and killing - went on until the girls accused the wife of the governor! Then he put a stop to things.

But most rural Thais really believe in these things - today. And that includes virtually all BGs ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived