Egg on Face Farang!!!!!!!

jitagawn

I missed this but was told this story by a trustworthy friend of mine who witnessed this appalling event.

I was the infamous and gnarly corner of Soi 7 and the Sukhumvit.Most probably a bar girl and Farang are having loud heated words in the early afternoon back and forth back and forth. This girl reaches into her bag and pulls out an object and BULLSEYE!!!- smacks the guy in the chops with a raw EGG and then runs off.

He stands in the middle of the sidewalk in total embarrasement.

I am forever amazed at the Farangs who permit themselves to become involved in the most humiliating of situations.No wonder the Thais feel the way they do.Talk about a loss of face :neener: :neener:

:neener: :neener:

Says jitagawn:

I am forever amazed at the Farangs who permit themselves to become involved in the most humiliating of situations.No wonder the Thais feel the way they do.Talk about a loss of face

Hi jitagawn,

Interesting story with the unique element of the egg. Never seen that, but the basic scene I have seen many times. I agree with your comment - why do people do this? Even in farangland, having a stand up argument in the street with GF, wife - or anybody - is demeaning. In LOS it obviously plays very badly with the locals and adds to their beliefs about farangs.

The point is, this sort of behaviour is stupid. If you have reached that point, just walk away. If it serious then so be it. If it is not, then reconcilliation will soon come. To argue with a TG like this will not help one little bit.

Maybe people get some personal satisfaction from doing this, but going into a private room and beating your head against the wall would achieve the same effect and at least could be done in private and save personal embarrassment.

Khwai

He was having an argument with a TG? Doesn't T stand for Thai? By this logic shouldn't this have an impact on Thais opinions of other Thais? And I've lost count of how many public arguments between Thais I've seen over the years.

It's a double standard by both the Thais and the farangs who idealize them.

"I missed this but was told this story by a trustworthy friend of mine.." ;)

I was once caught going through the purse of my tgf and asked her why she had so many broken eggshells and yoke stains in the bottom of her purse! She said "never mind"!

Not it all makes sense!! ;)

Hi,

[color:"red"]This girl reaches into her bag and pulls out an object and BULLSEYE!!!- smacks the guy in the chops with a raw EGG and then runs off.

He stands in the middle of the sidewalk in total embarrasement. [/color]

This is completely new to me for this type of behaviour amongst Thais :) Must have been some Western influence!

I remember long time ago in college (USA), we had a party and we got a kind of loud and we heard a knock. One of us (the brave one) went to the door, no body was there just a broken egg!!

The 4 of us, none understood the meaning until we asked our classmates next day!!! We would have put a frying pan out, if we knew an egg was coming :)

Jasmine :devil:

Maybe this should be in bargirl fisticuffs but... I was at a Pattaya, soi 8 beer bar which name is synonymous with those things that orbit the sun... This foreigner was sitting with an older Thai lady he bout 50 she bout 40. It was about 7pm so things were still pretty quiet by soi 8 standards. Then out of nowhere this younger bargirl steps into the scene and has some choice words for the male while the female looks on and distances herself a bit from the male (she can see it coming). Well next thing I know the girl goes to physically attack the man but he fends her off and looks disheveled for a minute and then calmly sips his beer. Then, to my astonishment, the girl picks up an empty beer bottle from off of he bar (heiniken) out of those thermos things that keep it cold and throws the bottle with all her might right at the guys face. The bottle hits the guy square in the face, remains intact, then hits the ground and still remains intact though it bounced around for a few seconds. The gentleman looked shocked for a minute then cooly sipped his beer again. Frustrated, the younger bargirl took the foam insulator they give you for the beer and threw that at him and hit him square in the same spot that the bottle did and once again he looked shocked for all of 2 seconds then he calmly sipped his beer once again. Then she looked for other projectiles and the older woman who first came with the gentleman decided that he could only be so much more cooler sipping his beer before the pissed bargirl found blood to go along with her mark and led him out of there while other girls held the young one back. The surprising thing is this fella felt his beer consumption was more important than this crazed girl trying to kill him. Thats right man, beer first!

Oneye

Archived