7 covered = 1 bareback

sabio

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iuytrede - exactly!

jesus - I'll never get those guys with the perception that everything bough at 'home'(us/europe) is always 'safe', while stuff(e.g. condoms) bough in say developing countries(e.g. thailand) isn't :eek:

anyone care to take a guess how many products avail in the us is imported from LOS? :dunno:

get a life :grinyes:

p.s. the only thing with condoms though is if the correct size isn't avail in LOS, but I believe they got them all just ask bodyguard condoms guy?

Here is more information about three FDA-approved test kits (two have final approval, one has preliminary approval). The idea is to use these test kits to prescreen the girls (you already negotiated that with them). If they test negative, you consummate the deal (bareback :o or covered :: , it's your call). If they test positive, you say I am solly ;) .

OraQuick. Tests for HIV, results within 20 minutes, uses finger stick or saliva.

POCKit. Tests for genital herpes (even without an outbreak), results within 10 minutes, uses finger stick.

MedMira Reveal. Tests for HIV, results within 3 minutes, uses finger stick.

The FDA approval is not yet for the general public in the US :banghead: . There are reports of over-the-counter availability in LOS. The US distributor of MedMira Reveal says they plan to target the general public.

Observing the sanuk rule of this board, I couldn't find it in my heart to go deeper into the test kit discussion :sleeping: . Those who are interested in more details can take a look at this web page where you will find a "serious" version of this thread.

I'll try to post a sanukized version :) of useful information as we go.

Says sabio:

Observing the sanuk rule of this board, I couldn't find it in my heart to go deeper into the test kit discussion
:sleeping:
. Those who are interested in more details can take a look at
where you will find a "serious" version of this thread.

I'll try to post a sanukized version
:)
of useful information as we go.

sanukized! :grinyes: Whaere did you come up with this one? :)

Sigh. here we go again.

>The idea is to use these test kits to prescreen the girls (you already negotiated that with them). If they test negative, you consummate the deal (bareback or covered , it's your call). If they test

Sigh. here we go again.

It takes *two* tests, separated by three to six months to be *sure* that some one is not infected with the HIV virus. These tests detect antibodies, which are produced in response to the infection. People can produce the virus *before* they raise the antibodies. Short summary, you can be negative on a test, but still infectious. This is called "the window period" and is one of the reasons why there is so much opposition to making these tests freely available to anybody in the street.

>If they test positive, you say I am solly .

Cool. Hey girl, sorry but you have what is to all intents and purposes in Thailand a deadly disease and you are going to die pretty shortly. Now f*ck off. Excellent.

Who the f*ck gave you the right to go round administering tests for this disease to people?. Are you able to offer appropriate councelling? Can you break the news in an appropriate manner? What the hell do you think a girl is going to do when *you* give the diagnosis (..lets not even get into the issue of false positives)..say "Oh, OK" and go on as though nothing has happened?

>you already negotiated that with them

Ah, OK. You have already negotiated with them *you* administering a test. Thats OK then. Well, actually no it is not. In this situation what the person has to give is *informed* consent. Now, the real question here is can, in this situation, a b/g give her *informed* consent? The answer is no. The girl does not have the basis to make a rational choice about taking the test, not unless *you* sit down with her and *clearly* explain the meaning of the test, its limitations (which *you* do not grasp) and the consequences of both a positive and a negative result.

Throw into this unseemly mess the issue of a obtaining a freely given informed consent in the view of a financial inducement (the bonking fee) and you have no legal, moral or ethical grounds to be doing this.

-j-

Gee, Josh. I won't be able to sanukize your post :) , but I'll try to respond as gently as I can.

1. If you feel that test kits are a mighty bad idea, don't use them. Others will decide for themselves.

2. I am afraid your information about the time frame for the test kit to work is incorrect. Readers who are interested can look up the references included in this web page.

3. BGs know exactly what a test for HIV or other STDs is. They get tested regularly.

4. The moral standard here is adult consent, that is the consent of the two adults involved, not necessarily that of a disapproving third party ;) .

Take care.

Archived