7 covered = 1 bareback

sabio

Says bangkokbutcher:

This post is becoming way too comprehensive for my liking.

Lets face if your luck is out (even when playing safe) then thats life.

Just play safe and enjoy...

It's not easy to discuss a subject that serious in a light way. I got royally flamed when I tried to lighten up things with the "I am solly" joke. Seriously now ;) :

Imagine if I told you for a fact that the girl you are about to sleep with has AIDS. Will you still sleep with her, even with a condom, or will you try someone else?

It's just too hard for me to ignore if all it takes to know is having the girl spit in a tube.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I fully understand your concerns, but I am comparing things lightly to looking both ways when you cross the road.

Some people do and some dont, however both those that do and dont can both end up injured when attempting to cross.

I will always agree with the old saying 'prevention is better than the cure' but there will always be people who choose to and not to.

And I am not saying that I would never consider using the methods you mentioned, but as yet I never have.

Not trying to swing this thread one way or another - just trying to lighten it up a little (probably unsuccessfully though) :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Canadian company MedMira completed shipping 500,000 Reveal HIV test kits to the US distributor Cardinal Health, less than one month after receiving the final FDA approval. The FDA web page states that MedMira rapid HIV test was approved on April 16, 2003 for detection of HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies.

The Reveal kit gives results within 3 minutes, compared to OraQuick's 20 minutes. The manufacturer's web page talks only about HIV-1 (by far the more common strain in North America). They report an independent clinical study that verifies the accuracy of the test.

Like OraQuick and POCKit, Reveal was approved for point-of-care diagnostic purposes, and is not available yet over the counter in the US.

• 3 weeks later...

A guy in the Cambodia section of another board posted last week that he could buy OraQuick for $25 from "many pharmacies" on Sukhumvit road in Bangkok. When I was in LOS in March, I checked a number of pharmacies with no luck, but they were not in the Sukhumvit area. Anybody currently in LOS care to check this out? (in a break between sessions :) ). There are a couple of major pharmacies close to skytrain stations.

BTW, the same guy posted in the Rio section of that board that he tested one of the garotas then went bareback with her. If true, this would be the first field test by a hobbyist that I know of.

solar:

It is risky. The risks associated with the test accuracy as well as the seronagative window (latency period) are well understood. I included a URL in a previous post in this thread where a detailed calculation of the risk in comparison to condoms is outlined.

By the way, I have just run into another post (on yet another board) where the poster bought OraQuick at Surawong Clinic (Medical Center) near Patpong. The price he quoted was 500 Baht per kit, or 2000 Baht per 5 kits.

By the way, I have just run into another post (on yet another board) where the poster bought OraQuick at Surawong Clinic (Medical Center) near Patpong. The price he quoted was 500 Baht per kit, or 2000 Baht per 5 kits.

Interesting. I posted this exact info here about six months ago along with my experiences with the product and got severely flamed by some bozo for my efforts.

ST

Says short-time:

Interesting. I posted this exact info here about six months ago along with my experiences with the product and got severely flamed by some bozo for my efforts.

I would be very interested in learning about your experiences with the product. Could you kindly post the information here?

Never mind the flamers. Some people don't understand that regardless of how strongly they feel about something, others can still decide for themselves. At least there is some control over flames in this board. You should have seen what happened on other boards when the subject was discussed. :banghead:

There are many people interested in using test kits who have responded to me on three other boards. There are others who have reservations, but they articulate their points of view intelligently, and we all benefit from that.

Looking forward to your information. :)

There are many guys who have been doing field testing for some time now, but for various reasons they don't post too much about it.

Latency period or not, it gives you a chance to weed out bad ones. Moreover, it's a way of "calling" a positive girl who knows her status, since she often will decline to take the test and walk off, realizing this customer was not to be tricked.

Harsh words maybe, but this is how it works sometimes in real life.

Archived