Bird and Jintara in Scotland

thai3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says danish30:

Hi RedBaron,

Yes, tickets at the gate, usually 100b/each. It's open air style with space for maybe 2-3000 people, can get very hot if there is no wind, especially this time of year. You rent chairs at 20b each. You can bring your own beer and water or buy it inside. Only problem with this place is that there are no toilets inside, but you can go outside and use the toilets in one of the restaurants next door, thats what I usually do.

I will try to confirm the date.

Best regards,

Danish30

Very cheap why?

I saw eric burden and the New Animals in a pub last year cost abiut 600 THB to get in maybe 2 hundred people Max..good night BTW

Or you could ask why so expensive, 100 baht is half a days pay for most thai's, same as you paying half a days money to see kylie minogue. 100 is quite expensive then, Nok Noi's much bigger show is 70 baht and that includes a botle of M150. I believe Nok Noi rakes in the highest earnings on tour, so she must have something right. Not many issan folk would want to see mr burdon at any price so that's priced for ex pats and middle/ upper class thai types .

Why is the board so sloooow? taken me 20 mins to get this far-petr

she does not have much luck there, last year it broke up in a fight after 2 songs. I prefer the concerts out in a field somewhere-more room to run!-peter

I am hoping for a full concert on the 29th :) but you are right, later in the evening it's best to move to the back as fights usually breaks out in front of the stage.

Best regards,

Danish30

Says limbo:

I still don't get it, Jintara is very popular right now with the Bird combination, but still you can't find her music anywhere. What a huge marketing miss. She could've moved units up the ying-yang IMHO. TIT.

Jintara was already very popular before she teamed up with Bird. of course more popular at the mor lam crowd, which is much larger in thailand than the pop crowd.

and her cd's and tapes are available everywhere, just look around and ask!!

i just passed yesterday evening a thai eatery in sukhumvit and heard thai music and of course it was....Jintara with a mor lam song! the fan ja and mar thammai wave seems to have calmed down. did not hear those songs one time since i came back a couple of days ago

Hi Samak,

you're right in pointing out that Jintara already had a huge following in Thailand.

I'm more thinking along the lines of farangs who maybe weren't that familiar with her and in gerneral Thais as well, who might want to catch up on some cd's of her.

Here in Samui where I live, you can't find a friggin' cd of her since I started looking for one.

Lotus nor any other shop that carries cd's has them on stock :dunno:

That justs beats me ::

Interesting that bird and jintara have known each other since her first concert. The following is from an interview she did last year. She seems to have lost her shyness about dress, she appeared on the cover of TV pool magazine in a very sexy top in Jan-peter

How was your first real concert? How did you feel when you entered the stage ?

Sure I remember it well. The first time I performed on a real stage was the great concert "Isaan Khiew" - 'Green Isaan' which was a concert organized for promoting the Isaan Khiew project of Thailand aiming at developing the drought areas of Isaan. I worked for Grammy at that time. Many singers from Grammy such as the super stars "Bird" Thongchai Macinthire and "Thoo" Nantida Keawbuasai performed at that concert. They both were very nice to me being the newcomer. They took me by my hands and led me to the stage. I was so excited that I could not speak a single word at that moment. Working as a singer in such a big record company, I had to wear very fashionable clothes. Sometimes I thought that was too much for a young girl from the Isaan country side like me. At the Isaan Khiew concert, I had to wear a shoulder-free blouse, I thought I could not wear it, it was just too 'daring'. But the two super stars told me that it looked nice and I should wear it. Finally, I had to get dressed and go out to perform at that great concert.

Archived