Bird and Jintara in Scotland

thai3

ÃèÇäùàÊÔÃ쵿.Ό¿Ñ¹á¿Ãì 29-ÃÕ.¤.2003 ¨.àªÕ§ãËÃè

is this the concert mentioned? get the lady to pay for the seats and see how much they are.-peter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got hold of a poster at songkran today which says the divine one is appearing in London on June 9th, will phone up the hall and check it out, also will get someone to call her band in LOS before buying tickets or posting how to get them. Why? well the posters look a bit unofficial and it could be a scam for all I know. Seen this sort of thing happen quite a lot in the past, someone sells a lot of tickets and no big singer arrives on the night, not I have to say related to thai singers except just once in Bkk Seen it happen a lot in the caribbean community. More later-peter

29th!!! What a nuisance, I don't arrive until the 1st of may, would have loved to see her.

I'm in BKK May1-3, May 15-17, and may 30 and 31.

Does anyone know of any good concerts like that one on these dates?

I went to one in Prakanom once, and loved it, but don't know who performed, an issaan troup that had never been to BKK before.

>Here in Samui where I live, you can't find a friggin' cd of her since I started looking for one.<

I had some trouble locating them in BKK!! Asked a friend to take me to a shop, but she looked in the wrong places, e.g. MBK, where they only had a few. Now on my last visit, I looked in the big record store in Emporium, where they had a very good selection. Came home with a big stack of CD's.

Says thai3:

ÃèÇäùàÊÔÃ쵿.Ό¿Ñ¹á¿Ãì 29-ÃÕ.¤.2003 ¨.àªÕ§ãËÃè

is this the concert mentioned? get the lady to pay for the seats and see how much they are.-peter

peter

29. MARCH in CHIANGMAI!!!

Says torneyboy:

Says Thaipan:

Says torneyboy:

are there many Thais in Scotland??

Cant imagine a place they would choose to live.

and teaching Thai to a scot would be very hard IMO

There are a few in Glasgow but not many granted, I am learning Thai little by little but it is slow. The best Thai chef in Glasgow is actually (when you consider the bets Thai chef in the UK is fron OZ) Thai, she married a guy from here and set up a restaurant together her Tom Yam Koon in the depths of winter is out of this world!!!
:)
Almost sets your arse on fire!!!

Thaipan

I would imagine the scot accent would be hard to get the thai tones working??

And the best Thai restaurant in Sydney has an Oz chef/owner ::

She does quite well but if someone has a particularily thick Glasgow accent she lets her (Scottish) husband talk to them!

Says thai3:

This is what an old thai friend in the UK just told me. It is to be sometime in the summer, maybe for the edinburgh festival whenever that is. Anyway, very exciting news, will post more details when I find out more-peter

Going back to the original point of the thread, I have not been able to find anything out but can tell you that the "Lady Boys of BKK" come over to the Edinburgh festival every year apprently and their show are seemingly always well attended! I saw a poster advertising their show, God only knows what the good people of Edinburgh make of it!!! :dunno:

Thaipan

A ha, in that case there is no concert listed from 20-30 April. Of course that's not to say there is not one on the 29th at issan holiday TIT.-peter

Hi Peter,

My good isarn friend (Salon owner) who cuts my hair is the one updating me on any upcomming and worthwhile morlam concerts in Bkk. She's never been wrong yet, so her info is quite reliable. Usually gf and me goes with her and her friends.

Best regards,

Danish30

Could you ask her to let us know if she hears about any banyen raggen or sunalee rachesima concerts, never seen these two and they are on the most wanted list. Rang up about the concert in London but the lady who answered said she had not got any tickets yet-peter

Archived