Bird and Jintara in Scotland

thai3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else go to the concert on monday? I thought it was easily the best thai event I have ever been to in the UK. Porchester Hall was a good choice to hold it, looks like an elegant ballroom. They were selling Phuket beer, never seen this before, and thai food of course as well as overpriced CD's, but bought one anyway. Puang mali were 2 quid each or three for a fiver. They had the book about her for a bargain 2 quid.

About three hundred there I think sat at large round tables. Went into her dressing room before the show to say hello and watched her putting her make up on before she noticed me. Got a mention from her on stage about the time I gave her some money in LOS when her tour bus did not have enough money to buy petrol, said she would never forget me. Certainly won't be forgeting her either! Six hours went too fast, she sang a long time, about two hours altogether. Of course a couple of idiots (falang) had to show themselves up by getting up on stage, thankfully not for long, why do they do this? It was nice to meet a fellow board member and Paul who runs far side music. He is releasing a CD next month, collection of morlam and luktung. The notes are very informative, if anyone is interested let me know.

Lots of dancing, drinking and photo taking. At half time she went around all the tables so people could get pics taken with her. This was her first concert in the UK, if anyone was thinking of going then never you missed a great night out. She was in Scotland on tues and almost went to that one as well. Can't wait to see her again, she's amazing- I'll post some pics later-peter

Archived