Bird and Jintara in Scotland

thai3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how many as I only went once in 1979. Does sound odd unless it is for a music festival but not been able to find anything out yet.

Saw a post on jintara fan club from a woman who signed a contract last may for her to sing at a village somewhere. The woman sold 6,000 tickets at 40 baht for the concert. Unfortunately though Jintara did another concert first arranged after the first and then drove for 5 hours to the village turning up at 4a.m. when most of the crowd had gone home. the woman said she paid 130,000 baht so was not very happy about the late turn up, i know thai girls are always late, but 4.am!-peter

Says torneyboy:

are there many Thais in Scotland??

Cant imagine a place they would choose to live.

and teaching Thai to a scot would be very hard IMO

There are a few in Glasgow but not many granted, I am learning Thai little by little but it is slow. The best Thai chef in Glasgow is actually (when you consider the bets Thai chef in the UK is fron OZ) Thai, she married a guy from here and set up a restaurant together her Tom Yam Koon in the depths of winter is out of this world!!! :) Almost sets your arse on fire!!!

Thaipan

Hi Peter,

Jintara is having a concert at Prakanom (Sukhumvit) again the 29th this month. I went there last time, maybe 1 month ago, but unfortunately I only got to listen to her for about 1 hour before the police shut the place down, probably some drug raid, but no tests from what I saw. Anyway, I will go there again on the 29th.

Best regards,

Danish30

Peter,

very smart!! :grinyes:

I still don't get it, Jintara is very popular right now with the Bird combination, but still you can't find her music anywhere. What a huge marketing miss. She could've moved units up the ying-yang IMHO. TIT.

Says thai3:

Don't know how many as I only went once in 1979. Does sound odd unless it is for a music festival but not been able to find anything out yet.

Saw a post on jintara fan club from a woman who signed a contract last may for her to sing at a village somewhere. The woman sold 6,000 tickets at 40 baht for the concert. Unfortunately though Jintara did another concert first arranged after the first and then drove for 5 hours to the village turning up at 4a.m. when most of the crowd had gone home. the woman said she paid 130,000 baht so was not very happy about the late turn up, i know thai girls are always late, but 4.am!-peter

Yeah just a bit late.

Maybe it part of a world tour? :dunno:

Says Thaipan:

Says torneyboy:

are there many Thais in Scotland??

Cant imagine a place they would choose to live.

and teaching Thai to a scot would be very hard IMO

There are a few in Glasgow but not many granted, I am learning Thai little by little but it is slow. The best Thai chef in Glasgow is actually (when you consider the bets Thai chef in the UK is fron OZ) Thai, she married a guy from here and set up a restaurant together her Tom Yam Koon in the depths of winter is out of this world!!!
:)
Almost sets your arse on fire!!!

Thaipan

I would imagine the scot accent would be hard to get the thai tones working??

And the best Thai restaurant in Sydney has an Oz chef/owner ::

Hi RedBaron,

Yes, tickets at the gate, usually 100b/each. It's open air style with space for maybe 2-3000 people, can get very hot if there is no wind, especially this time of year. You rent chairs at 20b each. You can bring your own beer and water or buy it inside. Only problem with this place is that there are no toilets inside, but you can go outside and use the toilets in one of the restaurants next door, thats what I usually do.

I will try to confirm the date.

Best regards,

Danish30

Archived