"I go dance now" revisited

After having a nice run with buying lady drinks for jai dee BG's, I ran into one of the "I go dance now" types. The type that wants the drink, but nothing else to do with you. In fact, she didn't even bother to sit down, but rather just a quick chink of glasses standing up and a hurried "I go dance now". She caught me somewhat late into my drinking and I was feeling a little reckless so I acknowledged with "OK" and reached into the bin and dropped her lady drink chit on the table. She argued a bit (still standing), mama came over, saw what was going on, put the drink in the BG's one hand and the chit in the other and told her to go away. That made me feel so good to have the bar side with me for that sort of nonsense that I'll likely visit there every time; Rainbow 3 by the way.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Escape Rabbit,

The drink and run thing thankfully doesn't happen much, but when it does I always give a thought to doing what you did. I never have because I don't want the hassle over 100B, but I applaud you for taking a stand and further applaud the mamasan for doing the right thing.

Once, I was in one of my regular bars and a gal I know quite well came over for a drink. It seems she had just accepted a LD from another guy and he was none too pleased. He came over and set her drink on my table and threw the check at me saying "You can pay for her fucking drink" and promptly left. The mamasan came over and wanted to know what had just happened. I said "no problem" and put the check in my bin. Then, after the mamasan left, I explained to the girl that next time she had better sit with the guy at least a few minutes after accepting a drink.

Ranger

Ranger,

Good attitude mate and as you say, its only a few baht, but I can see how it could piss off some punters.

Personally I have developed over the years some sort of 6th sense for when they are looking for a LD just before they go to dance. Often then will not sit down and appear to be looking around all the time. However you can always say no and then wait until they finish dancing, or simply only buy drinks when they come off stage.

Alternatively you could insist they have a jack coke/beer etc and so if they do fuck off you can always enjoy their drink !!

MSB

A little off topic, but one question i have is: If you want to barfine a girl and she agrees, how much time BEFORE her dancing set starts do you have to get the transaction started and finished--like 2 minutes, 1 minutes, even 1 second? I ask this because: I think i was rejected by a girl once (but i'm not 100% sure) when she said "i have to go dance now" and off she went dancing. I started talking with her about barfining about 5 minutes before that, then about 3 minutes before that I let he know i'd barfine her (she acted "neutral"--i couldn't tell if she wanted it or not...By the way, i had never bought her drink anyway).....then we started talking a little about how much i'd pay her.....then off she goes dancing. I'm pretty sure she could have hung around a few minutes longer if she wanted to go with me, right? p.s. She actually didn't talk to ANY guys that night earlier, as far as i could see...she was always sitting with other girls, seemingly not interested in going. This was a soi cowboy bar, and she was the best looking girl i'd seen in bangkok in about a year, by the way.

In some GoGo bars, if the girl is late on stage, Honey or Happy in Pattaya come to mind(the one down the alley with beer bars on either side, I get the name confused), she is FINED like 50baht for same, being tardy or not at all?

The sale of the lady drink does not matter to management, one could understand that position. Otherwise, a bar will be short dancers in some instances. Of course, if alot of girls are barfined out, same result I suppose. Not to digress, but this why some of those with limited numbers of girls don't allow barfines before say 11PM etc..

cheers

Nok

(lady drinks, I hate the concept, but it is there, we have to deal with it best we can, sometimes I'll go back in the unisex toliet or even the dressing room and strike up conversations in better lighted setting, you learn more, you must move quick of course...)

Excellent 'cool man' attitude there Ranger. I am not sure I would like to pick up someone else's tab and tolerate this rather agressive stance! Still, if he managed to get the tab to you before the lady milked you for one it is only fair. :hubba:

Hard to strike up the balance, I hate to have just have paid 120 baht for a thimble full of coke over 2 ice cubes, and have the girl vanish leaving me with her untouched glass and a whiff of cheap perfume in the air!

Then there is the woof woof, who you bought a drink for to stop her persistent harranging, damn I hope she has to go dance soon so I can wave the other one over.

Although it may be counterproductive to a bar's profits I think they should instruct the girls that paying a LD really means sit and talk for a little while. Anything to keep the situation cool. :cussing:

Escapre Rabbit, I make a point of never buying lady drinks for any girl who asks for one and I suspect that I would do the same as you did if situation arose. Full marks to the mamasan though! Did you buy her a drink? :neener:

Thaipan

June11, the very first time I bar fined a BG was at Angelwitch last August. I had been watching the girl dancing, made good eye contact and when finished she came over and sat with me, had a drink or two. We got on pretty well so I said I would like to pay bar for her. She said ok but made no move to do so or ask for the cash, I didn't know any better. :doah:

A short while later, she said "I go dance now, unless you pay bar for me"! I guess maybe her English was not as good as I thought it was or I was a bit slow on having to give her the 500 Baht there and then! But as soon as I had parted with the cash to the mamasan, she was mine for the night! :hubba:

I had a situation this trip in a beer bar in Soi 4 where I was chatting to 2 very nice BG's and I took a real shine to one of them and in conversation with her said something like "ok you go with me tonight"? It was part of the general conversation and we had been having a lot of fun and it seemed a little more subtle than "I pay bar for you"! But she said "I don't think so" :neener: ! Which I have to say surprised me not a little. :dunno:

When I got back to BKK from Manila a week later I was in the same bar, talking to the same girl who had turned me down previously, I asked her why and she said that she thought I had been joking with her because she wanted to go with me and had been surprised when I had paid the drinks bill and left!!! :doah:

Moral of the story? Make it clear what you want! :hubba:

Thaipan

Archived