J.W. Marriot. Suk.

jacko

A good rate indeed! Could you possibly post the email address for the travel desk that you used for this reservation? Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 - ::

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to get a first hand report at last on the New Westin-please post full details as to guest friendly nature of the hotel when you get the time-thanks

Here is the email address

kusa@mozart.inet.co.th

World Travel Service LTD.

Fax 662 2367169

Phone 662 233 5900-09

Superior is 2500bt

Deluxe is 2900bt

Includes all taxes and ABF and no Bullshit Service charge like Grand President is doing now.

Brought in a bkkchat girl last night ... NO problems.

Again, still going under renovation. Check in is on 7th floor; 8th floor is closed due to renovations. Told deluxe rooms not ready (still under renovation). 16th floor where I am goes under 01/May and there will be no more corner rooms.

Do like the hotel!

jgm

jgm005,

Thanks for the information. I may have to give them a try next time I am in Bangkok. They are certainly a lower cost alternative to the jw marriott. I especially like the location.

Regards

BKK22 -

jgm005,

Well I emailed the travel desk as you indicated, and they quoted me a rate of $115 (USD) per night for a deluxe room. Quite a ways from the 2900 baht rate. Seem a little steep for me, especially with the SARS problem and all. Also, rather than quoting me the rate as I requested, their email said I was confirmed at $115 per night (including taxes), and I would need to cancel by 1 October 2003 or pay a penalty. Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 -

I am a bit surprised at this ... for she did quote me 2900bt for deluxe. I'll do a double check by stopping by and asking again ... I did book in for another 7 days at 2400bt for a superior room.

Oh ...they do have high speed in each room.

jgm

It could be that they only offer the 2900 baht rate to "locals", and reserve the higher price for other customers. I really like the location of the Westin Grand, so if you are able to identify the reason for the large difference please let me know. 2900 baht is in the neighborhood of $70, and that is about $45 less than the quote I received from the same agent at the hotel. Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 -

You almost always get lower rates if you book in person. I am quoted 30% higher rates by email or calls to hotel. I either use a booking agent or go to hotel directly hard to say no to cash in hand with 30 to 60% occ.

Archived