termaie a serious question

keith doug

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are as ugly as that gal in Therme...you'd wear a face mask too!!

Don't _over react_ about SARS...you probably have a FAR BETTER chance of getting stuck by lightening..._while reading this post_, than you have of getting SARS.

Okay...so about 89 have died...worldwide!! No big deal statistically (except for the victims). For comparison, consider the annual Asian influenza epidemic...in just the US it affects about 20% of the population (maybe 70-million) and last year 114,000 were hit seriously enough to be hospitalized from the flu and 36,000 deaths occurred...from the common flu.

So if you are still concerned...stay home...in bed, with the covers over your head...and leave all the gals to the rest of us realistic adventurers. You have little to fear but your own fear.

Face masks would be a good idea for the Thermai crowd if it wasn't for the fact that you would struggle to pick out a half decent one if they were all covered.

Perhaps I should take a pack next time and hand them out, or a discerning eye at the entrance could determine who needs one!

As to your original question, you are from the UK I see, I don't expect such paranoid behaviour from there!

Go - enjoy the personal attention the absence of the fainter hearted has created.

:sleeping:

Hi,

I have been tracking this SARS everyday since I travel on business every month in SE Asia. It has not hit headlines when I last I visited Singapore & LOS around 20th March but things have changed a lot now. My company has pulled out all the expats from HK & Singapore. My next trip to LOS on 18th April is not yet cleared by my company to LOS.

Some might say these no., are far less than the other virus for comparison which effect across the world or looking at the statistics but the devil's are always there in the no., ..It is just today the Canadian researchers got to the bottom of this genetic pattern which might help in identifying a cure / vaccine, which they cannot tell how long it will take before they come with answer for this as of today.

What makes this corna virus different is that it can survive outside the body temp., for 3 or 4 hours, which other virus cannot. It for this particular reason it can easily spread. Look at a HK hotel, just one guest spread the virus on entire floor. They are yet to find the right medicine for this cure which they are racing against time.

Well if the travel is not really essential I would put it on hold for the time being given the close contacts that people make with the girls in the night life.....

cheers

vinod

Look at a HK hotel, just one guest spread the virus on entire floor.

Where did you get that information or impression? as it to the layman(me), this conflicts with what has happened(not happened/spread thru out) on airplanes and with the reports I have read about transmission to others.

thanks,

Nok

Says keith doug:

Someone mentioned he went to termaie saw girl in face mask!! is that true !! Am i getting worried,,,??I am still wondering to fly bangkok soon or cancel I am so undecided !!
:(

Go and enjoy yourself! I left Singapore on the 26th March for BKK and didn't have any problems. :)

Thaipan

:dunno:

I am not an expert in epidemiology, but I think this SARS thing, though a serious issue, is being taken a bit out of proportion (at least I hope so). It seems like govts are doing their best to keep it under control, and it seems to not have effected Thailand as much as some other countries such as the United States of America. For example, in the United States there are 193 suspected SARs cases as of 4/15/03 (44 in California alone, 22 in New York State, and 19 in Washington State. Thailand has had 8 reported cases, of which 5 have recovered and 2 have died. One of the deaths was a doctor who contacted the disease outside of Thailand, and was suppossedly one of SARS earlier discoverers. That brings up another point. In the United States, Sars has been determined to have spread via local transmission. Not the case in the land of smiles. My point? Its called media frenzy. Maleria is more of a threat. (you can go the the CDC website for more info...I found it in google.

Thaijoe8

Archived