Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keith doug

termaie a serious question

[color:"green"] In the United States, Sars has been determined to have spread via local transmission. [/color]

This is incorrect. There has only been one case of local transmission the rest are people that have returned from visiting China.

Perhaps I interpreted the data wrong. I looked at the CDC website. There is a link (several links to all sorts of data)to a color coded map indicating that the usa has local transmission. Perhaps only one case was enough to color the whole of the usa. :: I really do not know.

I just now looked at the CDC website. For the USA it has exposure to SARS as,

94% travel

2% helath care worker

4% ill contact

So local transmission is not a problem in the USA at this time. The majority of cases have been from people that have visited China.

:(I'll be sure and not go to China then. Any advise for traveling alone? I might ask this on a new board... :)

JAL does not go through taiwan, china, or hong kong on their route from honolulu to bangkok, with a 2 houur stop in tokyo. can't say if they stop at sars infected places from mainland america. but i am pretty sure they don't. it is costing me $630.00 u.s. with an open ended ticket. Be there next friday the 25th. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

ZMAN

It is hit or miss. But looks are a personal taste. I have been there only a couple of times. I have found out the hard way, that if you see someone you like, do not hesitate and go up to her. If you don't someone else will.

ZMAN Z28