Cheapest fares London(Europe)-BKK?

chilli13

Lets establish the great bargain that can be had in those war/sars/terror/slow economy/etc days :p

Currently we have SAS announcing spring fares as low as 399EUR from various countries like ireland & germany or THAI offering 379GBP from UK. Both great deals & no low popularity carriers like jordanian/aeroflot/biman/brunei/turkish/etc are able to beat that at present :eek:

In the opposite direction(LOS->Europe) fares tend to stay the same throughout the year(s) - at least on Olavi pricelist, which still have SIA just below 30k baht & cheapest biman at 18500bt, which always seems a steal :dunno:

Let the prices flow... :applause:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

click on the easter egg here

to see that 444EUR(incl. tax) bkk steal of the century, but don't expect it to be easy to track down the few seats in the sas joke of a user friendly site!

I suggest you put your favorite online booking engine to work instead & that sas price might just pop up :dunno:

surcharges or not those deals listed are damn great & availability seems quite good still :)

ebookers charge 2pound(p) security insurance, 5p delivery & 5p credit card surcharges(debitcard/swift free). other than that they have price guaranty & normally do I good effort I must say ;)

most online booking engines come up with very similar prices, except at certain times when new bargains have just been released from the airlines, some pick up on it faster than others I suppose...

in generel all agencies book via either sabre or amadeus & thus in theory should get the same prices, but especially in tight availability situations some online brookers certainly seem to do better than others fro whatever reason :dunno:

I'm sure some of out members from the travel industry can shed more light on this, but this is just my online experiences from europe

I don't want to get into a debate about ebookers, but I still remember the very longish threads on the usenet (when e-bookers was very popular), where many customers were complaining about hidden costs of 30% - 40% and at the end paying more than for a regular ticket.

May be, e-bookers has changed their policy?

I think this was about you paying for a ticket in advance at a certain price and them not issuing the ticket until a couple of weeks before you left.

If in that time, the price of the ticket went down, they didn't bother to inform you of the difference. This was deemed unethical.

Archived