Setting the price up front?

Ranger

I have almost never discussed price with a girl before taking her. I liked to maintain the illusion that it's not a business transaction. But, tonight I was set to take out one of the Longgun stunners and as the only 2 problems I have ever had over price expectations were also with Longgun stunners, I made sure that 1000B for ST was OK with her. After we had a great time (she was one of the most passionate gals I have ever been with), she scolded me for mentioning price in the bar. She said "If I like a guy, whatever he pay me is OK" "If I don't like a guy, I don't go with him at all". She also said that she didn't think of it as "business" without me even mentioning the word. Later in the evening, I met the boys at Thermae and didn't intend on taking another girl. As it neared 2 am, I was "attacked" by a decent looking, but not stunning girl that I hadn't seen before and wasn't really interested in and figured I would just head home. She kept saying how much she liked me and wanted to go with me, so I tried something just for kicks. I told her I could only pay 500B for ST as I was low on funds tonight (I always pay 1000B). She quickly agreed, but whispered to me not to tell anybody because she always gets at least 1000B and had never gone for 500B before. Said she was only going with me because she likes me too much (yeah, I believe that, I am sure the fact that she was looking at me or nothing for the night could have played a part in the decision). We had a good time and I headed home. So, 2 different results with setting the price up front. I think I'll go back to my old ways and not discuss it. And, I probably won't try to get girls for 500B just because I can anymore.

Thoughts?

Ranger

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Ranger ]

Very interesting post Ranger.

I am like you. I seldom discuss prices in the bar before departing. I think this 'going-rate' idea is bunk too. I pretty much have an idea in my head how much I will pay depending on the looks of the lady and what venue I am taking her from. However, having said that, I usually make a performance adjustment after the act.

You certainly had excellent results with the two cases you described. And, you bring up the point of us asking the lady. I was wondering how many guys have the price laid on them before the lady will go with them.

It doesn't happen to me much, but I speak passable Thai and live here. How about the visitors? Are you waiting to hear a price from the lady, and then, not hearing one, would you ask as Ranger has said?

quote:

You certainly had excellent results with the two cases you described. And, you bring up the point of us asking the lady. I was wondering how many guys have the price laid on them before the lady will go with them.

I have been around for a few years now. In my experience, the girls will (almost) never ask for a settled price in advance! This is to be done by the customer. Not settling a price in advance will leave him at a disadvantage, giving the girl the opportunity to ask whatever she finds suitable after the act. While it gives me some discomfort, I prefer having everything settled in advance, rather than haggle afterwards, which also would spoil the evening even more. (in any case, you would never have to discuss the price again later, if you take the same girl, they will remember what you gave them for years to come) I can imagine some of you guys discussing money after the act, having an argument, and just dumping the girl with whatever you think is suitable. Very manly, but not my style.(I find it rather despicable, to be sure)

IMHO, It's still a "business" transaction, regardless of how much we squint our eyes and pretend otherwise. Not establishing a price beforehand can lead to some hard feelings at the end.

A case in point is massage parlor girls. Many want to negotiate price after you're in the tub with them and the little head takes over. Better to establish ground rules and price ahead of time. Then you can get down to fun and not worry.

This, of course, is from someone who is an occasional visitor and not a resident.

PhordPhan

Extremely astute negotiator, bon vivant and

all-around nice guy

laugh.gif" border="0

Hi,

Ranger, completly agree with you. I also never discussed price, and have never had any problems. Of course I only went with girls that seemed to choose me, which to me is an indication that they like me (or at least that they don't think I am disgusting smile.gif" border="0 ). Maybe that had something to do with it.

I think that girls asking for an outrageous amount upfront don't really want to go with you and by asking for a lot of money they create a win-win situation. Either you decline and they don't have to go with you, or you accept and they make a lot of money.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

I think that girls asking for an outrageous amount upfront don't really want to go with you and by asking for a lot of money they create a win-win situation. Either you decline and they don't have to go with you, or you accept and they make a lot of money.

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk,

Now that you mention this, I have been told exactly this by many bar girls. About their other customers or course, not me-LOL.

Something to think about next time a girl quotes you a very high figure. Rather than negotiate it down, take it as a sign to move on.

Ranger

Originally posted by Ranger:

"I have almost never discussed price with a girl before taking her..."

I can guarnatee that when this board has had 5 million postings this subject will still be discussed.

When I first started coming to Thailand about 7 years ago I negotiated the price; how long (not just L/T but what time they would stay until in the morning) and the services offered. This I nver found a problem with.

However, about 2 years ago I mellowed on this and took a more laid back approach. This I found to be no problem except for the "negotiating" in the morning which sometimes put a bit of the dampner on what had happened in the night.

This year thought I have often returned back to my old ways. This is in part to the number of ladies who "no smoke". In the past all of the women I went with "smoked" but now I find this is not the case. Is there a worse experience in the world than lying in bed with your little cutie and hearing those awful words "I no smoke"?

I am also finding that ladies are beginning to think that they are doing you a favour by going with you for "only" 1500 Baht. Recently I was with a lady from Soi 7 Beergarden and having done the Evil Deed she asked for 3000 Baht for L/T!!! Yet one day earlier I was with a very attractive lady from the Beergarden who was more than happy with 1200 Baht for L/T.

My approach now is even if I do not negotiate the price I negotiate the services on offer.

Fatbastard33

The only hassles I've ever had with girls is when I didn't get an indication of the price beforehand.... once when I was just about to spear the bearded clam she chimes "How much you pay me?"..instant libido loss.. like trying to push a marshmallow into a postbox.

Employ a more general approach with a phrase such as "How much take lady from here?" gesturing vaguely to other girls/whole bar. She'll almost always tell you the going rate ... or that fond refrain "Up to youuuu!"... then you're back to square one. hehe!

Good luck mate.

quote:

Originally posted by boemba:

Not settling a price in advance will leave him at a disadvantage, giving the girl the opportunity to ask whatever she finds suitable after the act.

I would say it's the girl that is at a disadvantage. You give her some money, and if she's not happy with it, what's her recourse? Sure she can ask for it, but that doesn't mean you have to give it.

About a month ago a girl was unhappy with the 1000B LT I gave her, gave me some story about needing books for school, asked for another 500. I said no, but did give her another 200. She waied and said thank you.

Archived