"bep" or "bhep" or "bpep" ?? What is it?

gawguy

Says ranma500:

Presumably not to be confused with 'Bpep diaow' - 'just a moment'?

yes that's written different with a por pla and not a bor baimay

á»çºà´ÕÂÇ

Says ranma500:

I have heard people use 'Bpep' as a way of delaying thought in a sentence, very much like 'er...

never heard this; could you elaborate on that?

Says ranma500:

I would be interested to know if in bpairp nee, the 'bpairp' is spelled the same as 'bpairp' for style. I had assumed they were the same word - fashion/style/manner.

yes, spelled the same; see above

Says ranma500:

You could translate 'bpairp nee' as the slightly old-fashioned 'in this fashion', could you not?

yes, if the context is accordingly

if you say yar phood baaeb nee: do not talk in this fashion

if you choose, pointing at something and say aow baaeb nee, "in this fashion" does not make sense

Says samak:

Says ranma500:

I have heard people use 'Bpep' as a way of delaying thought in a sentence, very much like 'er...

never heard this; could you elaborate on that?

I picked this habit up from younger uban professionals in Bkk, ususally Ẻ or ẺÇÒ in the way ranma suggested kind of like '...well like ..' or '...like you know...' .

An older professor at work pointed it out to me and said that was where I got the habit from.

This is very interesting as I had no idea that bpaep had so many uses.

I knew about "bpaep thai" as I use that a lot to let waitresses know I want it cooked Thai style.

I've also heard "tum bpaep nai?" which I know assume means something like how do you want it done or how should it be done. Could this be right?

The last time I heard it was in the context of redecorating a restaurant when one person painting asked the person supervising "tum bpaep nai?"

Archived