Ko samui accom???

whosyourdaddy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beachfront bungalows are listed at 3 - 3600 baht daily. 1900 - 2100 for superior seaview.

Here's a map that shows the layout: http://www.kohsamui.com/newstar/

If it suits....

I rather imagine he may prefer the main beaches of Chaweng or Lamai, as he is not with his partner.

New Star may be nice if you are WITH your girl.

>How far is it from the nightlife? Easy to get there by local transport ( taxis, songtells etc?)

I did not go out but drove few times to Chaweng main street. It took me 5-6 minutes. Lamai is 10 mins or less on the other side.

Plenty of local transportation - modified pickup trucks with benches (don't know how they call them). The hotel should have their own shuttle.

Jeep rental - 850Bht per day, bikes 150Bht.

The Chaweng Noi Beach is attached to the main Chaweng Beach but you can not cross between - there is an unpassable rock formation in between.

Guest lazyphil

I remember some rickerty old pontoon/bridge that crossed a swamp of sorts that took you from the main beach area on Cheweng to a cluster of bars and a night club, riding a motorbike over it at night and ehem inebriated proved interesting. I thought Koh Samui was ok although I'd rather spend time on the Andaman beaches. Also we took our bikes up some very steep hill to what looked like some Miami style drug lord den only to have three Dobermans chase us away, it was a little bit heart attack inducing to say the least ::...another thing that springs to mind was this aussie guy who wanted to use my camera to take pix of two Thai cops who'd given him a beating as they wouldn't give them their ID (he showed me the damage ::), when I suggested he could take a running jump as i feared the camera wouldn't return safely back to me he kopped a right strop with me ::

Says lazyphil:

I remember some rickerty old pontoon/bridge that crossed a swamp of sorts that took you from the main beach area on Cheweng to a cluster of bars and a night club

reggae pub and another beer bar area!

Says valentinoxxx:

Did the
close? When?

Click on the GB LOUNGE link for more info and pics.

I have never stepped through the threshold of any of these places and I left the island in Feb, so things may have changed.

I can't give you the name of the particular massage place as I can't find it and I can't be bothered to find out.

I THINK it's opposite NEW FRIEND.

Valentino and Samak,

damn, behave boys, I can't be a cop all the time ;)

Before you guys start slagging off Samui again, get your facts straight. GB LOunge was closed for a renovation, there's now double row seating.

Dream Girls is the new go go in soi Green mango, very much at the entrance of the soi.

Utopia is the Eden like place, it's in Soi The Club, behind Starbucks and it's not a myth. :o

One of our board members went 2 times at night to get a service check and all the girls were busy. (Yes, there ain't as many as in Eden!) :p

As for WYD, I apologise for this uncontrolled bunch, normally they are kinda nice and try at least to behave them selves :: :D

You and Louise will have lots of fun in Samui :devil::drunk:

Arai wa??

I fear you may have misread the tone of the post, neither aggressive towards Samak nor critical of Samui.

Simply stated the facts, that their were two GoGo bars and that they were both still open when I was there.

No antagonism whatsoever. I'm sure Samak would agree.

I said I couldn't be bothered to find out(about Utopia), as I would have had to make a telephone call to Thailand. At the time of posting, I couldn't be bothered.

As English may not be your first language, I'll overlook it this time. ;)

I've bought myself some language courses, Spanish, French and German, to brush up on my written languages.

I've heard the beach down there is more secluded, but why pay for a 'seaview' when you can get beachfront at the same price, I say.

As it's not peak season now, the beaches won't be crowded anyway.

Archived