4 days in Angeless

Coss

Well, I went to Manila once 15 years ago and despite the great girls I swore to never return. The local heavies managed to put the shits up me.

Any ways, I got persuaded to go to Angeles for 4 days and despite misgivings I had a great time.

What others have written about Angeles is essentially correct. Shithole by day. Great fun at night.

There are some 100 or so bars shown on the various maps available on the net, but in practise most of those are either closed or one horse stalls at the side of the road. Realistically there are 30 or so bars that are good to go to with girls, aircon and drinks that you can trust.

The accommodation is also variable, the Orchid Inn is expensive but the extra money for 4 days is well worth it. Don't bother with the others unless money is an issue or staying a long time.

Food, well, you can eat and it's sort of average.

Drinks are cheap 30-50 peso (100-120 lady drink).

Bar fine 1,000 peso girl gets 1/2 bar gets half, tip is not compulsory in the a.m. but appreciated.

4 days is plenty of time, people recommend trips elswhere to fill in the days. I got some amusement observing some of the local denizens, particularily the chap in red and white check butt tight shorts, red fishnet singlet and aging grey pony tail. Very hansum man.

Girls were a mix of young and less young. Some very affectionate, and a good GF experience. One gave me a manicure, pedicure, massage, shave and afternoon frolic before getting her friend to join us for further frolics.

All in all a good trip, but 4 days is enough.

Cheers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never made to AC so far (been well around in LOS/ Cambo though), but do you think it is worth a trip if someone has never been there before? Anything, that makes the place unique and can't be had/ seen somewhere else?

You forgot to mention that all of the main bars are GOGO bars (which are the only bars i like, actually). And it's important to emphasize that Angeles has a PAY-BEFORE system, unlike Manila (and unlike thailand). The girl may or may not have sex you with after you have paid the 1000 pesos...though they usually do if you're an OK guy. But she can easily just leave your hotel anytime she wants because she has already been paid for the night (I don't like this system, though i've had pretty good luck with it myself....I do like to have more control over the situation though, like in thailand. )

Peter1964

Angeles is Pataya without the beach, but smaller. There is only one reason I can see to visit, Sanuk. But having said that, the relative costs are less than Los, the ladies speak english (some more than others) and the fun is less commercial than in LOS.

I'd go there again in a moment, but 4-5 days is plenty.

Says june11:

You forgot to mention that all of the main bars are GOGO bars (which are the only bars i like, actually). And it's important to emphasize that Angeles has a PAY-BEFORE system, unlike Manila (and unlike thailand). The girl may or may not have sex you with after you have paid the 1000 pesos...though they usually do if you're an OK guy. But she can easily just leave your hotel anytime she wants because she has already been paid for the night (I don't like this system, though i've had pretty good luck with it myself....I do like to have more control over the situation though, like in thailand. )

June 11, you may be right, but each and every girl I met was happy for hijinks. Also breakfast or a 300 peso tip is MOST appreciated in the a.m. well worth it.

Cheers

I find it hard to compare angeles with pattaya without the beach as in my mind angeles is nothing more of a strip of gogo's(30 or so was it?). Having only been to manila, which is at least a large city with all that comes with it.

Pattaya is also so much more than a string of gogo's on walking st. or funland, but I've got a feeling angeles is actually ONLY that?

If all it has going for it is the lower price & supposedly better english skills & less commercial scene I somehow doubt, 'cos then it really seems just that: a commercial hardcore scene geared 100% towards us punters :dunno:

Please elaborate where I missed out :D

I have always enjoying going to Angeles over the years but generally do Thailand/Philippines only every 2nd trip.

Some are the girls are real cute, can have a lot of fun in the bars but in every trip you will average at least one runner and the sooner Angeles gets into a pay after system the tourists will flock back.

There are moves underway but so few operators controlling the majority of bars are reluctant to change in thier eyes, a winning formula. If you are not an arsehole with the girls, you will have fun. I myself are heading back this coming January.

free message board avail (i think) at http://www3.angeles2.com/board

Thugs on street corners look pretty nasty but they generally don't attack foreigners - in fact, most of the male population look pretty dodgy but they are actually mostly okay, just bad genes from a wild mix of blood lines. They tend towards cons rather than violence and can be very persistent but either totally ignoring them or telling them not interested works.

I think the 1000 baht upfront in Angeles for bar fine and girl is good news (and cheap compared to Bkk), you just need to know how to suss the girl beforehand. There is an increase in the number of gals with local boyfriends but nothing like on the saturation level in Thailand.

Big problem with the scene is the total lack of cheap, safe hotels in Manila and Angeles - I am now in Pattaya where I pay 1900 baht a week for a perfectly adequate aircondiioned room with TV. Hard going to get anything for less than a 1000 peso a day that I would actually get any sleep in and is well located for the bar scenes.

The good thing about Angeles, there are still plenty of relatively nice gals coming in from the provinces... unfortunately, I seemed to have gotten two of them pregnant (within 24 hours of each other, I'd guess) and had to make a fast exit!

Archived