Carewsing in Bangkok - May 2003

carew66

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot shouldn't have let me out here on my own y'know!

Now sitting in yet another cafe in Second Road. I've checked my finances and everything is gravy despite just having taken lady 'shopping'. A dangerous time is 'shopping' time because you just know in your heart of hearts that she's not going to want to go to some shack selling tat on Beach Road. And you'd be right.

Royal something or other Plaza? The one with the 'plane stuck in the roof and Ripleys Believe it or not. Hmmmm..... well I've just got out fairly well scathed. One of you bastards out there is gonna get the benefit as well. Milan fashion? The nearest I usually get to Italian fashion is putting parmesan on my spag bol. She is strangely happy. I am strangely light in the wallet. What she seems to like most is poncing around the streets with the carrier bags - nose in the air. Fuck the clothes eh? Could've saved a small fortune if I'd brought some carrier bags (do they have George at Asda in Thailand methinks? Or Kwik-Save?).

I of course still look like a bag of shit tied in the middle.

This afternoon we is mostly sitting by the pool (yep, had to purchase new togs for her for that activity as well). But look - I really am not complaining. Really. Much.

Tapeworm and Statesman are well happy. She particularly so as she is getting fed.

Last night was a bit flat to be honest. We went to 'the' bar fully intending to go to a club. Her friend in the bar is a right gobby little cow who was pissing me off mildly so we sodded off for a fairly desultory drift around a few bars before knocking it on the head at 10pm. Stopped at Seventy-Eleventy for some Ovaltine and had an early night.

Buying CD's in the street:

What a palaver! I picked up 'RCA Greatest Hits' and a pirated Buddhabar collection; 150 bucks each. "Wait a minute" says the guy and fucks off up the street. I'm hanging around for 15 minutes before he returns with the CD's themselves. The next one I went to and I had the same pantomime. Almost certainly a ruse to prevent a bust by the Thai equivalent of the BPI.

Mike Food Hall:

In the department Store of the same name, right at the top. Full Thai canteen type arrangement. Was taken there for lunch yesterday. I have to say that the food was top notch and very inexpensive. A real delight. I couldn't help musing that the fishcakes that I consumed came to about 60 baht whereas the equivalent amount in the UK would have come to over a tenner (going by my local Thai restaurant prices). Best of all, no football shirts. Know wharra mean? Also, the restaurant at the hotel is the business. Residence Gardens as stated on previous report.

ThaiGirl Psy-ops: Music as a weapon.

Now this really is fun. First of all - be honest - how many of you guys start digging the crappy boyband ballads when you are here? It's a plot by Ronan Keating you know. Every song played in bars relates to your situation and once implanted in your subconscious they can be 'activated' by the girls. Tapeworm has been doing this to Statesman. His usual idea of a groovy pop song is anything by Uriah Heep - now he's humming Westlife and Daniel Bedingfield or somebody. Tapeworm lurks in the background grinning fiendishly (and chewing). Scary stuff. :devil: :devil: :devil:

In preparation for my forthcoming return to the world I have been mostly listening to CCR - until I hit track 2:- "Have you ever seen the rain". Know it? You get it then. Don't know it? Keep away from it.

Tomorrow - Bangkok. I am doing pre-flight checks. Tugging the cyclic and wiggling the collective. Gonna leave in style.

Gullivers Soi 5 tomorrow night - Hal: I'll phone. Friday - Gullivers. Bet there's tumbleweed in there when I arrive but if you are in town and fancy a pint then come on over.

====================================================================

This report is sponsored by: "The Waving Cat" (what is he waving at though?)

Archived