Singapore connection

bushman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to Scum_Baggio.... I agree with a lot of what you say, but a couple of things....

First I don't agree that Golden Mile is that bad. I go there very often on weekends for Thai food (some of the stalls do have great Thai food and its fun to go there with the previous night's 'date'. Some do have lousy food though). I've never seen or had a problem there and would recommend it for anyone who suffering LOS withdrawal --- I'll also say I've gone home from there pretty drunk on a few afternoons :-)

Re the Orchard Towers scene, this is what I've figured out in the 2 years I've been in S'pore. First the way the girls operate here is (and has to be..) quite different to back in LOS. At present they usually get a 7 or 14 day visa -- usually 7 if they have too many chops in their passport. In which case they 'lose' their passport back home and apply for a new one with a new number -- costs about 1500 baht.

So in order to cover cost airticket, accom, food, taxis etc they need to be more businesslike then they would be at home. First one or two trips here they are normally on an organised trip (thru mamasans or others who know the scene) -- this costs a fortune and they normally struggle to recover the full costs. On subsequent trips they normally make all bookings and do their own thing. Talking to these girls, some go home without even covering costs

The stunners however can make a fortune. Usually they are trying to do one ST (from Ipanema, Crazy Horse or Western Bar) and one LT (from Ipanema or Top Ten) each night. Usually they won't go LT till about 1.30am. ST targets before that time are well-off businessmen staying in hotels in the Orchard area. The girls try to work fast and get back to find their LT customer for the night. Some girls can make a fortune -- the one I know best (May) did 2 ST's at S$250 and one LT at S$400 last Friday -- thats $900 = 22000 baht in one night !!!

Most girls don't do that well but prices are much higher than LOS

For guys living here you can learn some tricks and not be subject to the same terms and prices as the travelling businessmen, who can afford the above.

For myself, I've got about 6 'regulars' who call me up whenever they hit town. Doing the odd favour for them and just being friendly reaps great rewards.

eg I have a car and sometimes take them across to JB on a visa run. Great fun to go over there on Sunday, play a round of golf with a TG driving the buggy (they love that), stay the night and come back Monday morning first thing. For this they charge nothing for their time and allow as much sex as you can handle -- a real gf experience

another trick is to take them for lunch on Sunday and let them hang around the condo/ lie by the pool and live like a princess for the day (instead of a sordid cheap shared hotel room). This often gets you a free afternoon ... or a much discounted rate with as many shots as you can handle...

or if they have an evening flight back to BKK, I look after them for the afternoon and take them to the airport -- normally gets a freebie

The only thing is they can get a bit possessive -- sometimes I'm in shit when 4 of them are in town trying to find me and I need to avoid OT like the plague!!!

Some know about the others and don't mind (this arrangement works well for them after all) but one in particular (Anna) is jealous. Second time I took her home she ran to my cupboard to count the condoms -- she remembered there were 7 last time she was there !!! Thank god I still had 7 but i nearly died laughing.... Now I'm smart enough to keep one condom box for Anna and one for the rest laugh.gif" border="0

I'm rambling .. but just one other thing. I sometimes hook up with these girls when I come to BKK on business. Again it works great and i get treated like a boyfriend. One of them even drove me down to Pattaya in her own car (yes she earns a lot in Singapore !!) for a weekend -- I paid all costs but nothing for her

Wonder if anyone can help. These girls all insist they don't work back in LOS. Which kinda makes sense ... would they want to make 1000 after getting 6000+ in Singapore?

I've never seen any of them in the bars or Nana Disco or Beergarden etc

Originally posted by davcoll:

"In response to Scum_Baggio.... First I don't agree that Golden Mile is that bad."

Whenever in Singapore, I go there every afternoon to buy the Bangkok Post and The Nation. I have seen a few brawls myself and I know some girls who work in those bank counters there who feel very afraid on Sundays when the drunk crowds rule the roost. I know people in the Thai Embassy (or who were in the embassy a few years ago) and some in the Singapore police force, so I get a pretty good picture what's going on there. A few years ago, there was a massive riot - a hundred Thais fighting it out with wooden planks, knives and iron rods; when the regular Singapore police arrived, they couldn't do a thing against the mob; they're not used to these things. Then the riot police came, they fired a few shots into the air, upon which the mob dispersed. Only two or three Thais were arrested, the rest ran away helter-skelter.

When I take a taxi to Golden Mile, the driver will often ask me to disembark just a bit before the taxi stand at G.M. The reason? If they stop at the taxi stand they have to pick up passengers there (Singapore law), and they're afraid of the drunk Thai workers. I've seen crime statistics in Singapore, and in many years 40% of the murders in the city-state are comitted by Thais! Most of the murders happen within the Thai community itself, but not always, as the recent death verdict (3 days ago?) on a Thai worker for the murder of a taxi driver shows.

Have you ever heard the Thai-language announcements they play (or used to play) over the P.A. system in Golden Mile? They go something like this: "Dear Thai citizens, when you are drunk, please don't urinate in the car park; it is very ugly; and also don't fight when you are drunk, because that gives Thai people a very bad name. Please dear compatriots ..."

I'm quoting freely from memory, but I tell you, the announcement is hilarious - as if to teach basic human behaviour to first-graders!

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Davcoll,

incidentally, many of the crimes or brawls by foreign workers in Singapore are not reported in the local press, so as not to incite racial hatred. But I know that the problem with the Thai workers was even discussed in the Singapore Parliament.

And to end of a funny anecdote: Once, in Serangoon or "Little India", I saw two Thai workers, stumbling about, completely pissed out of their heads. All around them were Indians, mostly dark-skinned Tamils. Then one of the workers said, in a kind of incensed manner, "I-hia, khaek tem mot!"

I don't know if you speak Thai; it means, "Oh shit, this place is full of bloody guests/Indians"(the word for guest and Indian is the same in Thai).

They didn't realise that the Tamils were Singaporean citizens, and that they actually were the "guests".

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

quote:

Originally posted by davcoll:

Wonder if anyone can help. These girls all insist they don't work back in LOS. Which kinda makes sense ... would they want to make 1000 after getting 6000+ in Singapore?

I've never seen any of them in the bars or Nana Disco or Beergarden etc[/QB]

..yup, they do work both places...and have absolutely no problem in asking 1000 baht all night down thermae, and 10,000 baht all night from Top Ten....one other I know works out of TT and New Wave..

-j-

While it has been over a year since I lived in Singapore, the prices quoted here seem rather high and I find it hard to believe they have gone up that much. When I left in Dec 99, the asking price was S$250-300 LT, but if it was late (after midnight or so) could be bargained down to S$200 pretty easy, though the real stunners would try real hard to keep the price up. It did seem that the business trip types were probably paying a lot more then the residents.

All in all, a much different scene then LOS, but if money was not a big issue, could be a lot of fun. The best part of Orchard Tower and other places was the variety. Thais, Philippines, Cambodians, Burmese (Myanmar), Vietnamese, Indonesians, Malaysians, Chinese, even "saw" a several from Mongolia (could speak Russian no less).

I remember walking into massage parlor the first time and being asked ?You want Malay, Thai, Chinese, or Indonesian girl? What is the correct answer? One of each?

For someone on a full multinational expat package, Singapore was a blast (and I haven't even started on the Batam/Bintan golf).

Hi Thaihome

You're definately right -- ST or LT can both be had for far less than the numbers I quoted -- even S$150 when it gets real late. But the newbie travelling businessmen don't know that ... and my dear friend May can smell a newbie businessman from a mile away

wink.gif" border="0

and in her experienced hands they are like putty ......

quote:

Originally posted by buffalo_bill-isaan:

[on two occasions i took my longtime-girlfriend to singapore, there has been no scrutinising anywhere except at the THAI immigration on departure. they asked here a thousand questions and i am telling you that she looks nowhere near a bargirl or similar. what do you think is the reason for this ? did not check luggage, did not ask ME anything.

[/QB]

Where you standing with her at counter? Did you ask what was the problem (in a very nice way)?

The only problem I have ever had leaving Thailand with Thai wife was once with a one-way ticket to KL. I just said she was with me and showed my credit cards and that was it. Same for going into Singapore and KL many times. No problems, I did all the talking.

I think the Singapore-Bangkok connection is very similar to the Hong Kong-Bangkok connection with the possible exception of some immigration differences and the prices demanded.

I know a number of Thai ladies who participate in both these connections, often alternating between the two places. Yes, they do make big money, but generally just piss it away when they are back in Thailand.

Also, it has been my experience that many of the stunning welcome/reception ladies you see in front of the gogo bars are regulars biding their time before the next run to Singapore or Hong Kong. Yes, they can be taken, but they are damn picky and extra pricy when selecting customers.

Finally, as a frequent visitor to both Hong Kong and Singapore, I often visit the bars Thai women work, but I would be nuts to pay those prices knowing I will shortly be returning to Bangkok where I live.

I do appreciate the tips passed on by the board members here.

Archived